• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G110 Died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G110 Died

Since day one, there was a burning smell coming from my G110. Total, I've used it on two and a half cars.... split up in about 4 detail sessions.

1st and 2nd session, no problems with the g110 other than the smell. 3rd session, i noticed power loss.... I ignored it because i though somebody in my house was using an electrical appliance, stealing my electricity.

Today, the 4th session, my g110 intermittently got weaker like it was running out of batteries. Then all of a sudden it worked full power again. Then it died again. So I ran inside to see what appliance was on. Nothing was on. After I let the g110 sit for a couple of seconds, it would run again. One last time, then it died. Didnt turn on again. I only got 3/4 of my hood done, messed up by the body shop.

I bought it a few months ago in the wintertime. What do i do?

edit:
    After doing some searching, this is kinda what happened to me, except I live in massachusetts

Re: G110 Died

Call CU and they'll send you a replacement
    1-800-347-5700

Comment

Did you see this thread?

G110 Failure carbon buildup on brushes

Always best to get a replacement, but this thread has some good advice as to why your G110 might have failed and what you can do to prevent it from happening again once you receive your new one.

****WARNING**** The guy who posted the above thread repaired his unit because it was out of warranty and he was handy with small electric motors, but you should not even crack the case if you plan to have Meguiars replace yours (best option). You would void the warranty if you did.

Comment

Thanks guys

Ill give them a call monday

Comment

I sent my g110 on monday from Massachusetts (very expensive, btw). How will I know when it was received and when the new one was shipped out?

Is there a new 1 yr warranty on the new g110 or does the warranty just carry over from my originally purchased unit?

Comment

Originally posted by dragonballz View Post
            I sent my g110 on monday from Massachusetts (very expensive, btw). How will I know when it was received and when the new one was shipped out?

Is there a new 1 yr warranty on the new g110 or does the warranty just carry over from my originally purchased unit?

Just sent you a PM.
            Brian Hann
            Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
            Meguiar's Inc.
            Irvine, California
            bhann@meguiars.com
            (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
              ****WARNING **** you should not even crack the case if you plan to have Meguiars replace yours (best option). You would void the warranty if you did.
              Excellent point for all to remember...
              Mike Pennington
              Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
              Meguiar's, Inc.
              800-854-8073
              mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

I can replace brushes on the older G110 unit. Contact me at ggrove333@hotmail.com for estimate.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');