• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chrome Headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome Headers

Hi folks, I used to use a chrome tri-y header and this helps the chrome to last longer(a lot of heat here).

When you first put on a chrome header,don't drive away and leave it at that. I've compared the two situations and it works!

After bolting on your header,start your engine and heat up the pipes for about 5 mins.

Let the pipes cool down,then start up again and double the time for heating up,then switch of your engine and let the pipes cool down again.

Repeat the process another couple of times,each time,doubling the heating time.

This is a bit like a curing process,and the chrome will last a lot longer.

CAUTION: Be carefull when working near the header,during this process.They get extremely hot!

Re: Chrome Headers

That's a good tip, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kerrinjeff View Post
      That's a good tip, thanks
      Hi Kerrinjeff, I hope this works out for you if you're putting in a new chrome header.If you can compare the difference,then you'll see what i mean!

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
        CAUTION: Be carefull when working near the header,during this process.They get extremely hot!
        Oh boy I can attest to that! (catalytic converter too!)

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
        Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');