• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All wheel cleaner question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All wheel cleaner question

Hey all I got a quick question

Can I use the Hot rims All wheel cleaner on this exhaust piece, I forgot its name. But you can see the whole left side of it and rear if your looking at my car, so can I apply the all wheel cleaner to this? I don't need it to give me a chrome shine just clean off dust/grim.

Thanks

Re: All wheel cleaner question

I would use something like APC at 4:1 for washing it down with some 0000 steel wool, then hit it with some Meguiars Nxt all metal polish, that combo should help out alot.
    Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

APC should be ok. Never tried steel wool, will it leave any marks, or just take off the gunk?

All Wheel Cleaner is generally not for uncoated aluminum, so not sure about that. The Aluminum Wheel Wash (or Multi-Piece) would be ok.

Then yeah, feel free to polish them up .

2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by thescreensavers View Post
        Hey all I got a quick question

Can I use the Hot rims All wheel cleaner on this exhaust piece, I forgot its name. But you can see the whole left side of it and rear if your looking at my car, so can I apply the all wheel cleaner to this? I don't need it to give me a chrome shine just clean off dust/grim.

Thanks
        Not its intended purpose or very cost effective, but yes you can use it for that if you're just looking to clean off some dirt and grime. Spray some wheel cleaner on the muffler, exhaust piping, etc (after it's cooled down!!) and agitate with a long-handled wheel brush or something similar. Hose off. Then you can polish the chrome tip.

By the way, here's a quick tip from an old racer. Since it's a factory muffler with a chrome tip bolted on, a lot of guys use a flat-black engine paint or spray paint to add a rich matte black appearence to the muffler. That way when seen from behind or at an angle it doesn't look so bad. Used to do this at Steeda for many years on nasty stock Mustang exhausts...

Comment

i just used some 000 steel wool last weekend on some rims, came out nice
          2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
          2005 Honda CRF250R
          2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

I don't see why you couldn't clean it with All Wheel Cleaner. Then you could just hit it up with some Hot Rims Mag and Aluminum polish. I wiped my muffler and exhaust pipe down with a damp rag, and then I polished them with Hot Rims M & R polish. They turned out pretty darn good if I do say so myself.

Shane
            1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I would go with the APC at a 4:1 dilution. Then try to polish it up. Would not hurt to try.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');