• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV or the internet. Which could you give up for a year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV or the internet. Which could you give up for a year?

Your spouse has just won a nuisance case against you. The presiding judge agrees with your wife or gf that between television and the internet, you have essentially made her an electronic widow. The judge rules that you must surrender either television or web surfing for the period of one year.

What do you do?

What do you do?

EDIT: No cheating. You cannot use the web to watch TV episodes and you cannot use devices designed to transmit your recorded TIVO programs to your computer!!!
    Television - Goodbye NFL, NBA, MLB, NASCAR, Operation Repo...
    87.34%
    The Internet - So long MOL (need I go on?)
    12.66%

Re: TV or the internet. Which could you give up for a year?

i voted television as you can get TV through the internet. Strange poll? But whatever!

Comment

WHAT NO MOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT'S JUST WRONG!!!!

Andy M.
      Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
      Andy M. Moderator

Comment

There is no choice. TV would be the one to go.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

yeah, I think so

without online tv, there's only so much you can do online. I went w/o tv for a semester in college, it sucked
          2004 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue

Comment

Easy one for me, drop the television. I don't watch sports, and can't stand the **** that's on TV these days.

Comment

I can watch TV online.
              RG Curtis
              U.S. Navy Silent Service

Comment

I'm with ES300, nothing worth watching on TV, except for maybe House. I could do away with it permanently if it makes the bride (judge) happier.

Comment

Oh man this is hard, especially since you added no tv on the internet! I would have to say drop tv though, much more to do around the internet and plus what would I do if I needed help? I would just need to hit the jackpot so I can go to all of the sports games

Comment

I voted television. I hardly ever watch TV, except for maybe America's Funniest Videos or Deal or No Deal or maybe COPS once in a while. There just usually isn't much on TV that interests me. But to do without the internet? No way.
                    Shane
                    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I voted TV, but it depends. I have lived without cable or satilite TV for about three years now and I don't think I'm missing out on much (although I love Deadliest Catch, Ice Road Truckers and Top Gear on BBC). Plus major sporting events are on basic TV usually.

I'm kind of at the point with the internet that I go to a few sites and after that I'm pretty content with it and don't really use it that much. Plus I can go on at work for a few minutes here and there so I think I could also live without it at home as well.

Certainly interesting through.
                      "Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week." Jay-Z

Comment

TV easily. I can't sit down and watch something for even 30 minutes let alone a hour or two.

On my computer at least I can do a lot of stuff like watch YouTube, play games, listen to music, research car stuff, etc.

Ryan
                        Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaner5 View Post
                          I voted TV, but it depends. I have lived without cable or satilite TV for about three years now and I don't think I'm missing out on much (although I love Deadliest Catch, Ice Road Truckers and Top Gear on BBC). Plus major sporting events are on basic TV usually.

I'm kind of at the point with the internet that I go to a few sites and after that I'm pretty content with it and don't really use it that much. Plus I can go on at work for a few minutes here and there so I think I could also live without it at home as well.

Certainly interesting through.
                          Ice road truckers!!!! It is bad enough driving a rig in the snow and rain, let alone driving over frozen water pulling 80,000 lbs. NO WAY I SAY!!!!!

Actually, driving in the snow is easier when it comes to a rig. You can see a lot more. Rain is awful! Just forget about ice!!! I have to give those guys props!!!

We have a couple other truckers here who I am sure will chime in.

I did it for over 20 years. Please remember, everything you have, was at one time on a truck. Even the car you are polishing right now. It isn't easy!!!

Andy
                          Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                          Andy M. Moderator

Comment

I watch very little TV. Maybe an hour a month if that.
                            Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I'd have to give up tv, I need the internet for my university degree, no way I could get by without it, as all articles are electronic now.

I think i'd be pretty bored without tv, I watch it all the time, in my household, if someone is awake, then the tv is on, we don't really do the whole family activity thing, everyone refuses to play scrabble with me, haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');