• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do YOU apply Ultimate Quik Wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do YOU apply Ultimate Quik Wax?

How do YOU apply UQW? Do you use a microfiber towel or a foam applicator to rub it in? Do you pre-moisten it or not? How many sprays per panel do you do? Do you buff it off immediately or only after you have waxed the entire vehicle? What works for you? What have you learned NOT to do?
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Re: How do YOU apply Ultimate Quik Wax?

I use it like a "mist and wipe product"

I spray 3 squirts on the panel, wipe off the product and then flip the towel to a clean side for the final wipe.

I applied it with a foam applicator pad to the entire vechile once but that took too long.

The method I am using now works just fine.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

A panel at a time, however much it takes to get coverage. Mist it on and wipe with an Ultimate Wipe. I usually don't wait longer than 15 seconds before wiping it off. Use it on my chrome and glass too.
      Alex C.

Comment

The one time I've used it so far I used a microfiber and did the entire car, then went back and wiped it off. I was very pleased with the results. This was back in the early spring when it was still pretty cool out. So for the summer time I will probably try the WOWO method.

Comment

I use a microfiber applicator pad, spray the pad, then a couple of sprays on the panel and wipe it on. I do the whole car, let it dry, do the swipe test, and wipe it off. I was using it as a mist and wipe, but saw Mike Phillips show how he uses quik wax and I figured if it was good enough for Mike, it is good enough for me. I posted the same question a couple of weeks ago and somebody replied that if it is a wax it should dry before being wiped off. Made sense to me, so that is how I now do it and it seems to work.

Dave
          You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Comment

I learned not to apply it thick.

I spray on a Supreme Shine, go around the car, then go back around with an Ultimate Wipe to buff off.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I spray it on a section, then wipe it in using a supreme shine. Then I use a different supreme shine to wipe it off. Works well for me.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

I use it as a spray on, wipe off type of product, like I would with a QD. Very easy to use and beads water like crazy!

Comment

Wipe on, wipe off. I just bought NXT Generation Spray Wax at NAPA, so we'll see how that works.
                  Shane
                  1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I have not used UQW yet, but I have used Meguiars earlier spray wax. You need to be careful if you are spraying the wax onto the car. I will get into the area's between panels where there is often black rubber, like between the hood and fender. It is a real pain to clean that up. That is why Mike recommends spraying onto a microfiber pad and applying that way.
                    -Bob
                    NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Originally posted by RDVT4ME View Post
                      I have not used UQW yet, but I have used Meguiars earlier spray wax. You need to be careful if you are spraying the wax onto the car. I will get into the area's between panels where there is often black rubber, like between the hood and fender. It is a real pain to clean that up. That is why Mike recommends spraying onto a microfiber pad and applying that way.
                      In the past, i've made a mess with the NXT spray wax with getting it onto the trim, rubber, etc... and you are right. However, UQW is not that way at all, you can use it on almost anything, it's very easy to wipe off and doesn't leave a white residue. I can't wait for it in gallons!

Comment

I mist and wipe.
                        Similar to a QD.
                        Every time I try to do the whole vehicle thing, and let it haze I have troubles getting it off.
                        Joel
                        Firefighter/EMT-B
                        Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
                        "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
                        '99 F-150

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
                          How do YOU apply UQW? Do you use a microfiber towel or a foam applicator to rub it in? Do you pre-moisten it or not? How many sprays per panel do you do? Do you buff it off immediately or only after you have waxed the entire vehicle? What works for you? What have you learned NOT to do?
                          Hey Al,

I tend to apply UQW to a MF towel and apply it to two panels at a time, and the wipe off before proceeding to the next panels. As I mentioned in my review of the test samples, the product tends to flash very quickly. Therefore applying and removing it after every two panels seems about right IMHO.

I remember having this conversation with Mike Pennington about the proper procedure for applying and removing the UQW. The UQW for maximum product performance is supposed to be applied and allowed to haze before removal. Now that does not mean that a wipe on/wipe off procedure does not work. But it does mean that a person may not be getting the full potential out of the product; But how much less is any one's guess.

Tim
                          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Weed View Post
                            In the past, i've made a mess with the NXT spray wax with getting it onto the trim, rubber, etc... and you are right. However, UQW is not that way at all, you can use it on almost anything, it's very easy to wipe off and doesn't leave a white residue. I can't wait for it in gallons!

That is good to know. I've got to try some of this stuff!
                            -Bob
                            NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

I have not used UQW yet, but I have used the NXT spray wax which is just sitting on the shelf since I have a gallon of M135. I found that spraying the wax on a short nap microfiber applicator mitt (got 3 at Sam's along with a dreadlock mitt some time ago), applying over the entire vehicle, letting it haze and wiping off with a SS in one hand and another clean mitt in the other worked well for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');