• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do YOU apply Ultimate Quik Wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do YOU apply Ultimate Quik Wax?

Has anyone tried using UQW as a drying aid? I know that some folks have gotten good results drying a car with Optimum Car Wax. I was wondering if UQW might work well for this, too.
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
    --Al Kimel

Comment

Bought it few months ago and only managed to try it last weekend. Worked great on both methods mentioned previously.

But preference is more towards working on one or two panels then wiping it off. I would prefer it to haze before wiping it off (IIRC less then a minute).

Purposely sprayed to all the exterior rubber trims, all glass surfaces and also parts of the car with SS matte black paint; all turned out without smears and/or white residue. Definitely a keeper

As for Al's question on using it as a drying aid, haven't tried that method. I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.

Tim
      Learning new things everyday

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
        Has anyone tried using UQW as a drying aid? I know that some folks have gotten good results drying a car with Optimum Car Wax. I was wondering if UQW might work well for this, too.

If I can remember, next time I wash the cars I will use UQW to help dry and see if I notice any difference in the drying of the car..
        Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

great product, used it today in the sun on a hot day and with great results. Very easy to use and it smells great too!

Comment

I have just used it as wowo, but may have to try the method Tim mentioned about doing two panels, let if haze then wipe off just to see what the difference is.
            2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
            2005 Honda CRF250R
            2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

I have used it for the first time today. At first I was really disappointed as I tried to use it as usual - letting it haze before buffing it off. However, the product flash dried leaving nasty streaks. And I did have to put some effort to removing them. I was almost ready to say goodbye to UQW but Meguiar's has taught me to experiment with their products. BTW, I always tell my friends not to judge a product by the first use. So, I started experimenting. After doing like half of the car I came up with what you call "WOWO" method (now I feel like the inventor of wheel - should have checked the forum before using UQW ). I ended up applying the product to one panel at a time using a damp applicator pad and then immediately wiping it off using a microfiber towel. After figuring that out, I can admit that UQW is a great product both in terms of ease of use and the result it gives. I think the most difficult part for me to accept was the "wipe off immediately" bit as I'm used to always allowing a wax to dry before buffing it off.

Comment

Originally posted by R0N1N View Post
                At first I was really disappointed as I tried to use it as usual - letting it haze before buffing it off. However, the product flash dried leaving nasty streaks. And I did have to put some effort to removing them.
                Were you applying on car that was hot / under the sun?

Comment

Originally posted by ZoranC View Post
                  Were you applying on car that was hot / under the sun?
                  No, the car was cool and in the shade - I especially waited until the evening (Poland is 6-9 hours ahead of the US) to wash it. I never apply any product in direct sunlight ... no matter what the instruction says.

Comment

I prime the Supreme Shine MF with a few sprays so it is moist with UQW. I then liberally spray it along the whole panel I am applying it to. I allow the spray to sit for ~10 seconds and then work it into the paint with the moist MF. I use the back of the Supreme Shine to wipe away any remaining residue.

Or: I prime the MF and spray on and wipe off.

Either method works and I am extremely impressed by the results.
                    James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                    Calais Auto Detailing
                    CalaisDetails@aim.com
                    www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

No, the car was cool and in the shade - I especially waited until the evening (Poland is 6-9 hours ahead of the US) to wash it.
                      This might have had something to do with it.

Comment

WOWO method here. Used it last night on my SRT8 Charger after a wash. Great product get results.

Comment

No, the car was cool and in the shade - I especially waited until the evening.

I have found working in the evening can leave streaks from most products, UC, SwirlX, NTX included. The humidity seems to be the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy View Post
                            I have found working in the evening can leave streaks from most products, UC, SwirlX, NTX included. The humidity seems to be the problem.
                            Well, could be but I'm not fully convinced. It was about 7pm, temperature around 80F, after sunny and warm day. I cannot recall any incidents of other Megs products giving me streaking problems in such conditions. I'll surely use UQW again and see how does weather/temperature influence its behavior. Thank you for the tip, anyway.

Comment

Hello. May i spay the UQW and after to wipe it on with the Meguiars Pad, or a microfiber pad? When UQW dry (after few seconds) i will wipe it of with a microfiber towel. Is this correct technick?
                              Thank you

Comment

Pretty much....

I tend to mist a Microfiber towel, and mist the surface. Then wipe around, and give a wipe with the dry side of the towel if I feel like it.

You dont want to spray so much there is a visible amount to "remove". You applied to much if that is the case,
                                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');