• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Movie had the best car chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Movie had the best car chase

Which Movie had the best car chase?
    Bullit
    62.96%
    The Driver
    3.70%
    The French Connection
    5.56%
    Ronin
    27.78%

Re: Which Movie had the best car chase

French Connection and Bullit
    Chef and Dr. of Min.

God is a good God, He loves you, and He wants to bless you.

Comment

Bullitt:

French Connection:

Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
      --Al Kimel

Comment

Thanks for the links Akimel.I've got them all on DVD! They're all excellent,although the french connection is really more of a train chase....Ha-ha!

I think Bullit will be the clear winner here.

Point of interest.If you look carefully at Dodge charger hitting the gas station,you can see it travelling in the background while the station explodes.Also it was pulled on a wire.

How many green VW beetles were in SF?????

Comment

Ronin...hand's down.

Two great chases in one movie.....

Scene 1:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Scene 2:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Love your classic choices. If I had to pick some modern chase scenes, I would select Rhona Mitra's turn in a Bentley in "Doomsday", Bruce Willis as officer John McClain chasing after the baddies driving a big rig in "Live Free and Die Harder", and Mel Gibson's Mad Max driving the tanker in the final scene of the classic "Road Warrior".

One more add: Ben Affleck driving that convertible during the Japanese attack in "Pearl Harbor" Not for the chase scene so much, but just pure admiration for how a ragtop could get strafed by Japanese fighters and not lose an RPM in the process...

They just don't build em like that anymore...

Comment

How about the Bourne Identity car chase?

The+Bourne+Identity+-+Car+Chase
              Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
              --Al Kimel

Comment

Thanks Akimel,i've not seen that one. That's normal driving in Italy!!! without the Fuzz of course.

Good one aswell.I hope bullit wins here,though.....I've taken into consideration when it was made,plus the choice of vehicles that were used. The music by Lalo Schifrin( 'Shifting Gears') is also the best bit of music i've heard for an intro to a car chase.

If I put all these factors together,it's Bullit for me!!!!!

Comment

I voted for the French Connection. Just liked that chase.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

It's not on the list, but what about the chase in the original 1974 "Gone in 60 Seconds?" It's all in the link below, but lasts about an hour.

Shawn

Comment

Originally posted by AZStang View Post
                      It's not on the list, but what about the chase in the original 1974 "Gone in 60 Seconds?" It's all in the link below, but lasts about an hour.

Shawn
                      Ha-ha!! Thanks.I love that too! My folks took me to the flicks to see that when i was a kid.

Wicked hair-do's an' 'taches.

I wish the were as dumb as that!

Comment

--Al Kimel

Comment

Hi Akimel,You certainly know where to dig up these car chases from.

"Hey whos behind us.....Oh no,it's a couple of Chevy's"

One thing that interests me with that one,Is that William Petersen behind the wheel. The cop in 'Manhunter'....One of the best movies!

See if you can dig out 'Dirty Mary,Crazy Larry' I havn't seen that one in years.(I think was a yellow Hemi,if I remember well).

Eddie.

Comment

Manhunter is one of my all time favorite movies. I like it even better than the excellent Silence of the Lambs.
                            --Al Kimel

Comment

Check out "Vanishing Point" circa 1970!!......

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');