• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

APC on granite counters and kitchen appliances?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APC on granite counters and kitchen appliances?

Is Meg's APC regular safe for granite counters, wood cabinets, and kitchen appliances?

Re: APC on granite counters and kitchen appliances?

I've used it and had no problems. Generally speaking, it is a safe to use all purpose cleaner, if you are in doubt on a surface try low concentration levels and a test spot.

Comment

I wouldnt soak the wood... But putting some on a cloth and wiping the surface wont hurt.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I use APC 6:1 and works wonders in the kitchen. I even use it for cleaning toilets. Cuts down on my household cleaning supply bill.

Comment

ADS says medium strength is 10:1. Should I dilute to an even weaker strength?

Comment

No, I use it at ~8:1 for everything, and no problems yet. 10:1 should be fine.

Comment

Thanks guys. How about glass? Does it do an okay job cleaning glass?

Comment

What kind of finish is on the cabinets? If it is a clear finish (Poly., Laquer, etc.) then I would not use APC under any circumstances since you have no idea if it is water or oil based. Oil based finishes can yellow over some woods and APC could speed that up. It also tends to smear some on glass. On granite it should be fine but something that is meant for granite will do a better job of leaving the granite shiny after it is cleaned. Also, acidic products can etch granite. I have no clue if anything in APC is acidic enough (if at all) to etch it but why risk it?
                Jason

Comment

No, I would not use it on glass, unless there was some gunk to get off. Then a glass cleaner after.

Comment

I use APC all over my house and have never had a problem, in fact it works really well in the kitchens / baths / garage. Haven't tried it on furniture and probably won't. I'm guessing APC diluted to 8:1 (or 10:1) is no more harmful than what you can buy at HomeDepot or Lowe's.

I don't have granite, but I use HyperDressing on my laminate counters. This is not an approved method by Meguiars, but it works for me (and no, I never eat directly off the counters).
                    NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Well you might want to clay the granite counter tops first

JK

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                      Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');