• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought a RO polisher/waxer and the 3step cleaning kit how do i use it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a RO polisher/waxer and the 3step cleaning kit how do i use it?

This is my first time detailing a car so i need some guadiance, thanks in advance, Ok i just purchased http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows...2BPolisher.jsp it comes with 2 cotton polishing bonnets, 1 cloth wax applicator and 1 foam wax remover, i also picked up http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows...r%2BSystem.jsp but mine has a micro fiber cloth instead of the cleaner, I also picked up the maguiares 3 step cleaning kit, so i'm basically wondering what do i apply with the buffer, and with what pads and when? Like if someone could explain it too me as if i was a cave man. Like i have read some stuff ppl saying apply this then remove access with a cloth but do you do that with a buffer?

ps sorry for the wall of text just allot going through my head.

Re: Just bought a RO polisher/waxer and the 3step cleaning kit how do i use it?

anyone1?

Comment

You can apply and remove wax with the Simoniz buffer. It's an orbital buffer, or what is commonly referred to as a wax-spreader on this forum. It really has no correction ability, which is why it sells for as low as it does. If you are looking for a machine to remove scratches, swirls, and other paint defects you would need to step up to a Dual Action Polisher.

See this link:

Machine Photos - DA Polishers - Rotary Buffers - Traditional Orbital Buffers

Comment

i understand that, i don't want too get one of the more powerful ones cause i could ruin my paint, i don't know what i would be doing. So do i use the buffer i have to apply scratch x 2.0 and my polish and my wax? and also use it too remove it? And what is the "foam wax remover" thing for that came with it?

Comment

Hi stoop,I've noticed you've opened another thread here.I think you're putting to much on your plate in one go.Stick with the advice already given to you by the users and take it one step at a time.I can understand your concern,but your car will still be there tomorrow,and the day after etc.,so don't get yourself in a muddle,trying to deal with too many questions in one go.

Comment

OK, let's try to get some of your questions answered. You have:

an orbital buffer
            2 bonnets
            1 cloth wax applicator
            1 foam wax remover (not sure what that is, can you post a pic?)
            Mother's clay bar system
            DC1 Paint Cleaner
            DC2 Polish
            DC3 Carnauba Wax
            Scratch X 2.0 (correct?)

OK, let's start with the basics. First you will want to wash your car, using a good quality car wash. Meguiar's makes several, and you can usually find at least one of them wherever car cleaning products are sold. After you do that, you have one of two options. You can either dry off the whole car, and clay the car, wiping off the residue from the clay bar and your lube as you go, or you can just get most of the water off, clay the whole car, and then go back and re-wash to remove the residue. Personally, I like to do a re-wash after claying. Make sense?
            At this point you're ready for your paint cleaner, which for you would be either DC1 or Scratch X 2.0. Both of these are fairly mild, so if your paint is not in too bad of shape (meaning few or no swirl marks) you can use one or the other. You don't need to use both. DC1 is milder than Scratch X 2.0. If you have swirls and whatnot in your paint, you will need to step up to Swirl X or Ultimate Compound. The orbital polisher is worthless as far as paint correction goes. This will need to be done by hand. Read this thread: How to remove a defect by hand with Scratch X.
            After that you can move on to DC2. With DC2, work small sections (for example, a door would need to be split up into 3 - 4 sections), work the product in for a few seconds, then immediately wipe off. DO NOT LET THE POLISH DRY. Note that this step is completely optional. You can do it or you can skip it - it's completely up to you.
            After that, you can wax. Here's where you can use the orbital if you'd like. On the up side, an orbital will help you wax much faster. On the down side, it's much harder to get in little places like under the door handles and places like that. Those areas you will have to do by hand. When using the orbital, put 2 rings of product on the pad: one on the outer edge, and one about halfway in. This should be enough product for 1-2 normal sized panels (such as the driver door and the rear door). ALWAYS THINK THIN. Applying the product thick will not gain anything. By applying the product paper thin, it will dry faster and be easier to take off. You don't want to wind up with your panels looking like this:

It should look more like this:

To remove, do the Swipe Test, and when the wax passes the test, remove with a microfiber towel (make sure you have 2 microfibers handy). After you have removed all the wax, you can go back over and wipe the car down with Quik Detailer or Ultimate Quik Detailer if you'd like. Use a clean microfiber for your wipedown. Well, I think I've answered all your questions. Hope this helps!
            Shane
            1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Just to add to what Ciera said, This is the order of aggressiveness for the products your interested in:

DC1
              SwirlX
              ScratchX 2.0
              Ultimate Compound
              Nick
              Tucker's Detailing Services
              815-954-0773
              2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Thankyou Ciera for intervening to help this chap out.I have to go offline for now!

Comment

Oh, I guess I should add these videos for you to watch:

How to Wash Your Car (ShowCar style)

How to clay bar
                  Shane

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I posted a few pics of the scratched on my car and eddie says i'll need a touch up pen to fix them, Should i wait to clay,polish, wax till i get my touch up paint? Or should i clay today touch up tomorrow and finsiht he polish wax tomorrow too?

Comment

Originally posted by stoop14 View Post
                      I posted a few pics of the scratched on my car and eddie says i'll need a touch up pen to fix them, Should i wait to clay,polish, wax till i get my touch up paint? Or should i clay today touch up tomorrow and finsiht he polish wax tomorrow too?
                      I'd go ahead and do the whole process on the whole car, except the areas you are going to touch up. On those areas, go ahead and clay and use your paint cleaner, but hold off on the wax. After your touch up paint has had sufficient time to dry and/or cure, then you can go ahead and wax. I'm not sure what the waiting period is in order to wax areas that have just been touched up. If it doesn't say on the bottle or whatever the paint comes in, then you can always ask someone wherever you buy the bottle.
                      Shane

Comment

Ciera, that was a great write up with pics!! It is responses like that which really help folks with little or no experience understand the processes....nice job!! Thanks for helping in such a thoughtful way.
                        Barry

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');