• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Repeated Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repeated Threads

Hi,i've really enjoyed being a part of MOL. I like to read a lot of threads and also help out others where I can.

While I realize,that every situation is unique,I find that detailing101 is bogged down with repeated Q & A's on a daily basis.Especially as newcomers first questions can be quite vague.

I think what would help newcomers to detailing,that have just joined MOL,would be a dedicated 'starters' section,for example, Akimels daily wash and wax regime. Also,including specific user friendly sections such as claying,cleaning,polishing,waxing and maintainance.Even swirls and bug/tree sap removal etc.Also a pictured list of the most popular and widley consumer line products.

If the new members read these basics first,then they will have more specific questions to ask when they enter detailing 101,and have a better way of describing their situation.

Although the above is already there,they are scattered around the forum and can be difficult to find.

Re: Repeated Threads

That's why new users could benefit from learning and understanding how to use the advanced search option as well. I usually use this function when I have a problem and try using several different key words to search before posting my question. More than 50% of the time, I find my answer using this valuable method.

Comment

Originally posted by MyFirstES300 View Post
      That's why new users could benefit from learning and understanding how to use the advanced search option as well. I usually use this function when I have a problem and try using several different key words to search before posting my question. More than 50% of the time, I find my answer using this valuable method.

hi MFE,You've mentioned something that just proves the point. Where is the 'advanced search' option?

Comment

Since I haven't a clue how to capture a screen shot to show you where it's located, let me try to put it in words as much as possible:

From where you are reading this post, scroll to the top of the screen. You will see the following:

User CP FAQ Members List......Search.

Once you click on the SEARCH, a drop down box will appear along with an option for advanced search.

I hope this makes sense, and if not I apologize for that.

Comment

Oh,thanks a lot! I found it first time. That's going to help out a lot

saves all that page after page scrolling.

Thanks,eddie.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');