• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what sealers do you all use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what sealers do you all use?

Here @ Straight Line Detailing we do many many Head light reconditioning/Resurfacing. Prob. 30+ a month

We have been using many different clear coats after all the sanding and polishing has been done. Tryed spray on UV cured w/ UV light and some wipe on clears I'm not 100% happy with any of them. I will take some pics of the stuff I have been using. We charge $50.00 a set on most for dealers
    Kevin Smith

Comment

I have perfomed many headlight lens restorations over the years....I offer the following options...

Package #1 - 7 step restoration with LSP, I use #21
      Package #2 - 7 Step restoration with LSP #21 and PPF
      Package #3 - 7 Step restoration with a cured UV Clear Coat

**Here are a couple of Youtube video's that I produced of my Package #1 performing my headlight lens restoration above....

youtube.com/watch?v=260TxpkxgOk

youtube.com/watch?v=Uxyo5O-xw2Q

For package #3, I would use or recommend the following...

semproducts.com/Catalog.asp?prod=321

**Comming soon 12/09

headlightlensrestoral.com
      Last edited by Michael Stoops; Nov 23, 2009, 04:52 PM. Reason: no clickable links during initial 30 posts
      David M. Sylican
      Innovative Detailing
      Headlight Lens Restoral
      Detailing Caddy
      Join us on Facebook

Comment

How many lights are you able to do with the can of SEM clear? I cant quite tell from the pictures i find, but it looks like its a 7.5 oz can? Trying to figure out cost wise what it will cost me per lights as I can only find it for 25-30 a can.

Comment

I also am a member of the autogeek forum and I have used Minwax Helmsman spar uerathane in CLEAR GLOSS. If you mix this 50:50 with MINERAL SPIRITS and apply with a SCOTT BLUE SHOP TOWELS, one sheet folded into a one by one inch square. Then dip your towel into the mix and apply to the headlight from the top down. search for it on the autogeek website
          Hope this helps
          Last edited by Markus Kleis; Aug 2, 2010, 10:57 PM. Reason: No hyperlinks before 30 posts

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');