• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For removing Swirls and light scratches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For removing Swirls and light scratches?

I need to remove swirl marks and light scratches from my black car. What product would work best for me? I really want to get the swirls and scratches out....should I buy the clay kit, SwirlX or scratchX?

Re: For removing Swirls and light scratches?

Clay is for removing bonded contaminants, wont remove swirl marks/scratches

I would clay first
    then use Swirlx

Comment

Claying has nothing to do with removing swirls, it removes bonded on dirt from the surface of the paint. It is a good step if you want the best shine possible, but not for swirls.

I assume you are working by hand:

The thing to do would be to do a test spot with SwirlX, and see how it goes. If it is not strong enough, or not strong enough for the scratches, then you would look into Ultimate Compound.

What it Means to Remove a Scratch

How To Remove Swirls By Hand

How To Remove a Bird Dropping Etching by Hand using M105 Ultra Cut Compound

How to correctly apply ScratchX to remove swirls and scratches
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Ok, thanks guys, So I will probably try Clay first and then Swirlx and see how it works? What would be the next product to use after that before the final Wax?

Comment

You can wash and clay the entire car, then try your test spots with SwirlX.

SwirlX is a cleaner/polish, so nothing is needed after it. A pure polish like Deep Crystal Polish is optional, but for the best shine, is something you can do.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');