• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hiring an intern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiring an intern

I talked to one of the local colleges today about how to hire an intern. A lot more goes into it than I thought, and you have to pay them 99% of the time, which isn't what I was expecting.

Oh, the intern would be doing most of the marketing.
    AeroCleanse, LLC
    Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
    www.aerocleanse.com

Re: Hiring an intern

Hmmm...I would think that someone who really wants to get into the detailing business would be willing to forgo some pay. Learning a skill like the one you have takes time and patience. I know that I'd be willing to do it without pay because you would be like a teacher.

Comment

Originally posted by MyFirstES300 View Post
      Hmmm...I would think that someone who really wants to get into the detailing business would be willing to forgo some pay. Learning a skill like the one you have takes time and patience. I know that I'd be willing to do it without pay because you would be like a teacher.
      They would not be working on cars but rather marketing my business.
      AeroCleanse, LLC
      www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Originally posted by AeroCleanse View Post
        They would not be working on cars but rather marketing my business.
        Interesting. Is this only for the summer?

I would say make a budget then make it more like a project. Tell them your expectations and then shop around. I am pretty sure you can find some one in your local colleges to help you on that. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Tip: She should be very cute and have a great personailty.
          NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Half the internships I find are without pay claiming that they cannot pay given the economic situation, and the other half offers decent pay. I'm not really sure why not all internships offer pay since I'm looking in the medical field and the medical field isn't affected by the economy or anything...

Comment

Originally posted by Chop View Post
              Interesting. Is this only for the summer?

I would say make a budget then make it more like a project. Tell them your expectations and then shop around. I am pretty sure you can find some one in your local colleges to help you on that. Let us know how it goes.
              Well it would probably be for a short term to expand my marketing. I've talked to one college already, and trying to meet up with a few more.
              AeroCleanse, LLC
              www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Originally posted by agp423 View Post
                Half the internships I find are without pay claiming that they cannot pay given the economic situation, and the other half offers decent pay. I'm not really sure why not all internships offer pay since I'm looking in the medical field and the medical field isn't affected by the economy or anything...
                When I talked to a college they said 99% are paid internships and its very hard to have an unpaid one. Unless the internship is more like a job shadow then you have to pay.
                AeroCleanse, LLC
                www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Your not saying that you can't afford to pay someone min wage are you?

$7-$8 an hour for somebodies time is incredibly cheap.
                  Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
                    Tip: She should be very cute and have a great personailty.
                    I was waiting for that...

Comment

Originally posted by AeroCleanse View Post
                      When I talked to a college they said 99% are paid internships and its very hard to have an unpaid one. Unless the internship is more like a job shadow then you have to pay.
                      My local hospital is having a hands-on experience for college students wanting to go into the medical field. But they call it an externship. We get to learn everything interns get to learn, except we don't get a pay... Not really sure what this whole deal is all about. Overlook is one of the best and biggest hospitals in Jersey.

Comment

If you were given the option to work for someone help increase their sales without any compensation, would you take it? Time = Money.
                        NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
                          Your not saying that you can't afford to pay someone min wage are you?

$7-$8 an hour for somebodies time is incredibly cheap.
                          I guess I'm saying I can't afford to pay anyone at the moment, but I need to to grow the business.

I think the rate is $12 hr at one particular college.
                          AeroCleanse, LLC
                          www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
                            If you were given the option to work for someone help increase their sales without any compensation, would you take it? Time = Money.
                            Well if its was a requirement for graduation.
                            AeroCleanse, LLC
                            www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');