• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The mean detailer...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The mean detailer...........

I'd say this guy is a little full of himself. Shame, looks like he might turn out pretty good work. Challenge looks tempting but I have nothing to prove.

Read here --->Ferrari chat
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Re: The mean detailer...........

He sure has some cajones to say what he said Joe.

Comment

Yes, a little cocky for sure.

Comment

How about "Joe" corrects one half of a B17 and Eclipse corrects the other half? See who is worth their salt that way.

Oh wait, one of you has done that already!

Comment

Boy, talk about having the nerve! I think the guy only wants to try to prove to himself that he's better. You on the other hand have nothing to prove, so there's no point butting heads with him. You do absolutely stunning work, and I for one could not be more impressed. And even if his work was as good (or as he says, better than yours - what a laugh ) it wouldn't be the same because his attitude spoils it. As the Greek orator Demosthenes once said, "Nothing is easier than self-deceit. For what each man wishes, that he also believes to be true." If there's one thing I hate, it's a jerk (actually, I think he's worse than a jerk, but since MOL is family friendly I won't say what I think he really is). They don't call you Superior Shine for nothing!
          Shane
          1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Joe you did take the correct action by taking the high road and wishing him and his company the best.

You are correct when you said you have nothing to prove.

al
            The way a person treats their car is a direct reflection of how they treat themselves

Comment

Joe, I have to say that it really does show the kind of guy you are that you didnt respond back at him when he started saying those things. It really shows your character and that is only one of the reasons we all respect you so much. Forget the detailing wars with that chump, I say we have a throw down with Joe, Mike Phillips, Nick Chapman, Kevin Brown. We can throw in Mike Pennington as the judge this could actually work out to be a pretty good show

Comment

Thanks everybody for the kind words.

Guys like this actually hurt the industry for all of us Pro detailers.

Galatians 5:22-28
                Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Joe I could take you any day... NAWT!

Eclipse is quite the ... err I don't know what to say because I don't think any of the things coming to my head are allowed on MOL haha

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
                  Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

My money is on you Joe. Eclipse will not be in this for the long haul. Very arrogant. You did the right thing as usual.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Good thing you two aren't swordsmen and him challenging you to a sword fight.
                      Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                      www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                      Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Lets please keep in mind the Forum Rules as a thread like this can easily go south rather quickly. We don't allow bashing other people on this forum so before you take your mouse and click the Submit Reply button, re-read your post and make sure it's within the boundaries of our forums rules.

Thanks...

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Shane
                          1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

High quality service from a reputable bonded and licensed company with plenty of experience and strong referrals should be sufficient to attract the clients your looking for.

Best line of the whole thread!!!!
                            Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
                            08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
                            98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
                            82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Comment

to me his $3000 dollar detail included wetsanding... well if you click on the link for when they went to calgary of him in the reflection shot... you can still see slight orange peel.... not impressed... for that price id think the car would be PERFECT
                              - Markito -

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');