• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I post photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I post photos?

Hey gang, I have no idea where to post this question, so here it is. Being a newbie, I would like to learn how to post photos. I could use my photobucket but it seems like I once read somewhere on here that it is preferred to have them hosted by MOL.

In the FAQ, I read about how to upload an attachment, which could be a photo (jpeg) but when I took a look at an open Reply box, there was no 'Manage Attachment' icon as described in the FAQ.

Anyway, if anyone has time to send me some links to read about handling photos on here, it would be much appreciated.

Also, isn't there some required number of posts that must be made before one is approved to upload photos? Thanks!

Re: How do I post photos?

Were you able to upload things to MOL at all?

And then we just need to get them into the messages?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by cozmo View Post
      Hey gang, I have no idea where to post this question, so here it is. Being a newbie, I would like to learn how to post photos. I could use my photobucket but it seems like I once read somewhere on here that it is preferred to have them hosted by MOL.

In the FAQ, I read about how to upload an attachment, which could be a photo (jpeg) but when I took a look at an open Reply box, there was no 'Manage Attachment' icon as described in the FAQ.

Anyway, if anyone has time to send me some links to read about handling photos on here, it would be much appreciated.

Also, isn't there some required number of posts that must be made before one is approved to upload photos? Thanks!
      Have you had a chance to read this thread?

How to Upload and Insert and Image into your Post

That should help you out

Mike
      Mike Pennington
      Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
      Meguiar's, Inc.
      800-854-8073
      mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        Were you able to upload things to MOL at all?

And then we just need to get them into the messages?
        Actually, I do not know where to begin. But right now, I am going to read Mike P.'s link. A quick look at it makes me think it will answer my questions. So far, I do not have any car photos but I am working on that. For a test, I scanned a pad I have been using and plan to upload it to ask about how to know when one is worn out, etc. So, that will be my next question and my first trial at uploading/posting photos.

BTW, should I tack it onto the latest thread I started? It seems trivial to start a new one for such a small thing. But, "if you don't know, you don't know", lol. And I don't know how many miles a pad can go. OK, I will go read that post and will check back here later. Thanks to both of you guys!

Comment

Give it a shot, if not, ask some more.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

OK, Murr, got it now. Where should I post it? Tack it onto my other thread?

Comment

Here's an example that might get you thinking. Right-click on any photo on any website (pretty much) and you'll see among many an option "Copy Image Location", left-click on this option, then go to the forum where you are typing a post or a reply, left-click on the little square yellow mountain icon above the message and a window will open where you paste the link you copied by right-clicking and selecting "paste" and hit OK. The image will now show where you are typing immediately if you did it correctly. To delete the image if you don't like it, left-click on it and hit the delete key.

The same principle applies to your own photos. They need to be hosted "located" somewhere on the internet before you can insert them into messages. Whether it's your own website, someone else's or an image hosting service such as PhotoBucket, ImageShack, etc., the photos have to have a referrable location (internet address) for the forum's image insertion to refer to...if that makes sense?

You can do the same thing with your own images hosted on one of the free hosting services.

Here's a couple quick movies showing these steps.

First, right-click on the image you want to insert into a message.
              Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Then left-click on the little yellow icon, right-click in the text field, left-click on paste and hit OK.
              Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

The image in these videos is one I created using Bryce 3D some years ago. It's called "Winter Stream At Twin Peaks".
              Last edited by 10degreesbtdc; Jun 10, 2009, 02:40 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

Thanks, 10. I just posted an image to my current thread and it worked OK. Think I got it now .

Comment

Cozmo, After you read Mike P.'s thread this thread also might be able to help....

If you are still unsure how to do it then ask more questions. Good Luck!
                  RG Curtis
                  U.S. Navy Silent Service

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');