• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have photos / info of side by side LSP testing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have photos / info of side by side LSP testing?

I completely detailed, clayed and polished my truck a couple of months or so ago and used M21 alone as my LSP. It has stayed remarkably clean since! A little rain and it looks like it was just washed, but it has been dry and had dust on it and had been driven in the rain, so...

I washed it with ONR using only 5 gallons of water and there was very little dirt in the bottom of the bucket even though this truck sits outside all the time under a big Oak tree. Used a homemade grit guard in the one bucket. (the bottom half of a smaller bucket upside down with a waffle pattern cut out of it and a small weight tied underneath with fishing line to sink it ).

Thought I'd do a little LSP testing.

I used Gold Class paste wax alone on the passenger side, Show Car Glaze topped with Gold Class paste on the tailgate, M21 alone on the driver's side and M16 paste wax alone on the hood. All by hand. (just flew in from Chicago and boy are my arms tired!) The whole process took just over three hours.

To be honest, I can't tell the difference looking at it. It's Light Stellar Blue over Indigo Blue in color (haven't seen another truck the same colors since I bought it new in '96 and have had quite a few comments over the years from admirers saying they haven't seen anything like it, most asking if it had been repainted, a few as recently as last month!) .

I can feel a slight difference between the M21 and the other products. M21 is slicker to the touch. Show Car Glaze did nothing to produce more shine than the M21 that had been applied two months ago nor did an of the paste waxes. I'm sure a darker color would show a difference, but I didn't feel like doing the testing below the trim where it's Indigo Blue since you can't see sky reflections there anyway.

Perhaps since I recently used M21 on the entire vehicle, trying these other products without first cleaning with IPA is meaningless as far as looking at it? We'll see how well the others bead water and stand up to weather and dirt versus M21 that was on there through heavy rain and road dirt and seemed to repel most of it. I like it a lot! Sorry no pictures. My camera is only 5mp and I'm tired of trying to get a decent photo with it and it's a Nikon!. My next camera will be a Canon. I just don't see paying premium for Nikon anymore.

Re: Anyone have photos / info of side by side LSP testing?

I cant really tell/see the differences bewtween Gold Class and M21 2.0 unless its on the hood of a black car.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Since we're on the topic of M21, is it much different than NXT 2.0? Any notable differences regarding durability, looks, feel, beading, etc.?
      Shane
      1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
        Since we're on the topic of M21, is it much different than NXT 2.0? Any notable differences regarding durability, looks, feel, beading, etc.?
        I have been using NXT 2.0 since it came out. Then i got curious and purchased M21 2.0 this past winter.

I really cant see or feel the difference on my truck. I cant comment on durabilty since I always have something on all my vechiles.
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');