• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tried First Headlight Restoration w/PlastX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried First Headlight Restoration w/PlastX

Recently had a boo boo with my grand prix so I got it back with one new headlight on the drivers side and the old original on the passenger. It didn't look good. I had some Plastx so I thought I would give it a try.

The Plastx alone helped with oxidation but wasn't getting it done on all the scratches so I tried wet sanding for the first time. Fortunately I had access to high quality sanding media so I tried 1200 grit followed by 2000 grit followed by Plastx by hand. The before and afters are below.

I am considering redoing part of the top of the headlight because there are a couple of deeper scratches there. Only this time starting off with either 400 or 600 grit and working back down to 2000 as before, then finish with the Plastx

Overall the result was very good and I am impressed with the Plastx.

Re: Tried First Headlight Restoration w/PlastX

Try inserting the pics again. I have nothing at my end.
    quality creates its own demand

Comment

I don't see the pics either.
      I used to go the sanding route then follow with PlastX and got great results.
      Then I tried just 105 (after washing the lenses first) and arrived at the same great result but without all the extra steps.
      Of course, YMMV because all lenses don't have the same defect/problem.
      Heatgain (Gary)
      The Irate Magistrate
      Neutral & Detached

Comment

How to place a picture into your message
        Digital cameras are GREAT! But if you don't know how to get your pictures off your computer and into your messages nobody's going to ever get to see your really cool pictures.

Working with photos on discussion forums

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks for the help, I will try pics again tonight.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');