• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a way to save threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a way to save threads

Is there any way to save threads in stead of going back and trying to find the thread at a later time? When I need the information later it gets flustrating to try and go back and remember where the thread was. I have printed off a few things, but with all the information in this website, I really would like to try and save a few trees!
    Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Re: a way to save threads

If I find a thread of particular interest, I e-mail the hyper-linked title of the thread to myself and save it in a folder. For example: a way to save threads

I simply copy the thread title (already hyperlinked) paste it into the subject line of my e-mail and paste it again in the text body of the e-mail and send it to myself. Once it arrives in my inbox, I move the it to a sub-folder labeled "Meguiars".

Comment

I do something even simpler and that's to bookmark a thread I want to keep track of in a folder called MOL Threads in my browser's favorites list.

Kind of simple but works.

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by sleepy View Post
        Is there any way to save threads in stead of going back and trying to find the thread at a later time? When I need the information later it gets flustrating to try and go back and remember where the thread was. I have printed off a few things, but with all the information in this website, I really would like to try and save a few trees!
        I'm not sure if you've tried subscribing to the thread... I set my options so every thread I post in will get a subscription, and is later easy to find... when you end up with 100s of subscriptions it gets tedious sometimes to look through the threads to find the one you want, but it's still much easier than searching the gazillion threads on the whole forum.... if you're saying that you subscribe to threads and still hate looking for them, then ignore this post.
        Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail
        Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Comment

Thanks guys, I guess I never really paid that much attention to the tread tools, but now I know!!
          Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Comment

To expand on what Mike does, I bookmark in a folder by category. For example: threads about products go in a bookmarks folder named Products. Procedures or Techniques in a Procedures bookmark folder, etc. All folders are in a main folder named Detailing. I also have Business, Tools, Supplies and other folders for all the sites, pages and threads having to do with those categories. It's easier to save a bookmark than it is to search again for a site, product, tool, thread or whatever that you've already taken the time to find once already.

As with anything you do on a computer, backup often and to an external disk or drive if possible. If your PC crashes or your browser crashes you may lose all your bookmarks. The new version of Firefox seems to not save new bookmarks after closing the browser session unless I go to: Bookmarks>Organize Bookmarks>Import and Backup>Backup>Save before closing the browser. I've read others are having the same problem.

Comment

I havn't saved any threads as yet.I normally find them okay.

Could you not just copy the section and paste it into a blocconote,then folder?

Comment

These are great tips. I have to start doing this. Great info, thanks.will
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');