• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fiberglass RV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fiberglass RV

I have a 2001 Thor Citation, a fiberglass travel trailer. I have noticed a bubble in the front of the camper and upon inspection, it appears to be liquid-filled. If it is, I guess I have a leak in the roof, but there are no tell-tell signs on the inside, just the bubble on the outside, which appears to be between the fiberglass and whatever the fiberglass was applied to. What could this be? Also, how is this shell of the camper constructed....is it fiberglass applied to wood, such as plywood?

I appreciate any help I can get.

Re: fiberglass RV

IF you haven't already, you might check with the manufacture about both the bubble issue and the method of construction.

Here's there website,

Thor Industries

Most of the Fiberglas exterior campers/trailers I've been around have been Fiberglas over wood construction.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Sounds like what you are describing is "delamination". Not sure about the liquid. Delamination occurs when the gelcoat or fiberglass or? start to separate. If this is what you have....I know of no fix other than replacing the wall section. In the case of a 40 ft RV with sidewall delamination, the fix is to remove the entire wall and replace it. A VERY expensive fix. Maybe there has been a newer fix that has come down the live that I am not aware of....sure hope so!
      Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Poki View Post
        Sounds like what you are describing is "delamination". Not sure
        That's what I thought as he described the bubble. If it is delamination no amount of polishing is going to fix it. Time to have it inspected by someone knowledgeable in the construction of RV's.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');