• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many discussion forums do you belong to? (All forums, not just detailing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How many Fourms are you signed up with?

Originally posted by Zuke View Post
    Can you please Mike, Thanks
    I just tweaked what you had a little bit...

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: How many discussion forums do you belong to? (All forums, not just detailing)

Thanks Mike! Expects some Q's and Reviews from me soon, my ADS order is waiting for me at home!
      "Every moment frontin and maxin
      Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
      "

Comment

Great summary explanation of what forums are great for John. Forums are great for gathering information from the end-users side of the equation before making a purchase. Niche car forums are great if like working on your car as there's usually a few key gurus to help you solve your problem and good forums offer a nice cyber environment to hang out in during the discussion duration.

Originally posted by Zuke View Post
        Oh i see CC, so your just going to buff your way to the top and leave us too? haha jk
        That's funny...

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
          But after the learning curve is reached, I tend to drop off them. I'm a periodic member of a Honda Accord forum which is a great resource for dealing with questions on .
          Hi CC,that's the good thing here.There's a learning curve,but there are a lot of variables. What's the honda forum like? Is there one for civic owners?

Comment

Re: How many discussion forums do you belong to? (All forums, not just detailing)

Yep

8thCivic.com

CivicForums.com

The Accord forum is OK, but like a lot of forums it has several members that run the site through their personal opinion. A lot of the focus is on modding, which is not of particular interest to me since I like to keep my car stock. But the tips and DIY's are excellent and informative.

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated View Post
              Yep

8thCivic.com

CivicForums.com

The Accord forum is OK, but like a lot of forums it has several members that run the site through their personal opinion. A lot of the focus is on modding, which is not of particular interest to me since I like to keep my car stock. But the tips and DIY's are excellent and informative.
              Thanks,i'll check them out.

Comment

4+ for me. However most of my time is spent here. Like the way this one is run it suits my tastes.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

Same here....4+ all automotive forums of one sort or another (detailing, model-specific, performance, etc)

Comment

Mike raised a good point. Currently, I belong to 3 Forums, but am really only active on 2. Forums are great, but can be overwhelming when you attempt to check them ALL everyday.

Comment

Im only on 2, this one and 8thcivic under another name there. But I am much more active on this site, probably has to do with my massive addiction to detailing and want and need to constantly know more and more until I cant hold any more information. There are others im lookin into though, motorcyle one, and a flying one if I find a good one for info on that.

Comment

I'm on 11 Alfa Romeo forums and 3 detailing forums.

But i'm mostly active on 6 of them.

Comment

I'm registered on many forums but only active on a few.

Forums are a very useful tool for me. What I usually look for is real world experience that can't be found in a manual or marketing material.

Comment

1 Maguiars detailing
                            2 Speedwake
                            3 Offshoreonly
                            4 Donziregistry
                            5 Boatfreaks

Comment

Let me try to think A LOT.
                              1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20.
                              All by the name of Frozenbarb. Thank god for internet.

Comment

Just 3, aquariacentral.com, mothering.com and even though I don't know enough to contribute, I do read the forums here everyday.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');