• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Like Digital TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Like Digital TV?

Now that we have all been switched. What do you think?

I've had my main TV switched for some time since it has a built in tuner. But was forced to connect a converter box to the rest this weekend. I have a large antenna in my attic that worked great with analog, but is no longer the case with digital. I'm only about 3 miles away from the towers.

I like the clear picture when it comes in, but can't stand it cutting out totally every so often. It was overall better with a bit of static. I also like the added channels.

For now I voted "No", that I don't like digital TV. After I spent money on converter boxes and now more money for a new antenna. I guess if I all works better I'll be happy in the long run.

If you need help picking an antenna, check out this site... AntennaWeb
    Yes - I like digital TV
    81.94%
    No - I don't like digital TV
    4.17%
    Undecided
    13.89%
    Scott

Re: Do You Like Digital TV?

I have Directv so I haven't noticed any difference. I have been digital forever.

Dave
    You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Comment

Undecided.

both have pros and cons.

As a quick example.Apart from the bulkiness and weight,I still say a cathode ray television gives a better picture than an LCD or Plasma.But for convenience sake,I use LCD.With a good LCD,the difference is minimal.

Comment

We have cable, so we weren't really affected.
        Shane
        1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I don't know anyone who still actually uses "rabbit ears" if you haven't gone to DirecTV HD by now, I strongly recommend.

I don't think the Gov. Should have gotten rid of the Analog signal, about 1 million people are unable to watch television now, but I think they should have both analog and digital. At the same time though, we need to move on with technology.
          Matt

Comment

The only problem I have with the switch is this. If your cable goes out, Downed Wires etc, Or you lose power in a hurricane or tropical storm. You can not use a battery operated tv to get updates, any info etc. You would have to have the converter box antennae all this to stay informed. It is a concern in hurricane areas imho.

Otherwise I think the switch is good.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Meh, it's okay. For us with cable and satellite it's no biggy, but i do feel bad for the many out there left without any signal.
              Alex C.

Comment

I hate this ****, I got better reception with my tv antenna! The worst thing is you still need the antenna, so when I watch something and it keeps cutting out I have to go mess with the antenna and then if I change it I gotta do it again. Some of the new channels are okay but i still dont use any of the new ones. We have Direct TV on 4 tvs but the small ones like the kitchen and mine is that digital ****. Idk I really think it is just bothersome and a way for them to make some money. just my .02 lol

Comment

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
                  I don't know anyone who still actually uses "rabbit ears" if you haven't gone to DirecTV HD by now, I strongly recommend.

I don't think the Gov. Should have gotten rid of the Analog signal, about 1 million people are unable to watch television now, but I think they should have both analog and digital. At the same time though, we need to move on with technology.
                  I use an antenna for free HDTV, if you have a HD tuner, on the local stations. I also have Dish, and the difference is amazing between their local stations and what I get with a antenna. That being said I do not have Dish HD yet, I got outsourced at work so that is on hold for now.
                  Here is a good link:

With digital you either have reception or you do not, no snow etc. It took me some time to dial in picture, the above link helps. On another thought, the connection between the box and TV is very important.

My .002 worth.

Kelly
                  MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

I still use an antenna as well as DIRECTV HD, still a lot of local channels that DTV doesn't carry so an antenna is a plus, I have my antenna mounted to the AC on the roof and with a rotator I can swing the antenna around to the strongest signal

Comment

I really don't know if I like it or not.
                      It is nice that it is HD, but on the other hand it is very easy to interrupt the signal which is annoying.
                      Joel
                      Firefighter/EMT-B
                      Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
                      "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
                      '99 F-150

Comment

We've had cable for ever so it didn't affect us at all. Gotta love HD!!

Ryan
                        Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Always had cable in my house too..so for us the effects of the change made no difference, I do feel sorry for those who don't have cable or dish/direct tv..
                          Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

It's junk. No difference at all. We still have bad picture and the daily "weekly test".
                            Cable is awful as ever. I need to detail more to avoid cable.
                            Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
                            baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

I can not tell the difference with an old model t.v., but with a newer t.v., I can really tell the difference.
                              Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');