• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Like Digital TV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do You Like Digital TV?

We get signals via an external antenna and the digital changeover has been very good. I used to get snow on all channels (sorry no cable, no satellite). All channels are now perfectly clear but have to turn the antenna to the needed direction. It can pixelate once and a while. I did lose one channel after the conversion (the station had changed antennas when they switched over). I may get it back in the fall....If you cannot tell, I am in a valley in Virginia in a fringe area so reception is not good.
    Al
    ~ Providing biased opinions

Comment

Here in Australia where we have a limited number of free to air channels and cable is pretty expensive, so it has been great.

Better picture quality, better sound, wide screen image, additional channels and EPG. Yes it is annoying when the picture drops out for half a second every so often due to some interference, and some of the stations don't actually put anything different on the extra channels, but overall it's far better.

Our mandatory switch over date was put back by a couple of years as the take up rate wasn't deemed sufficient to kill off the old analogue signal.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
        I've had my main TV switched for some time since it has a built in tuner. But was forced to connect a converter box to the rest this weekend. I have a large antenna in my attic that worked great with analog, but is no longer the case with digital. I'm only about 3 miles away from the towers.
        That's odd. Last fall I hooked up all new HD TV's for a friend on Bonduel - no cable where he is. Much to my surprise he's able to grab every HD channel crystal clear with just rabbit ears.

The HD signal is in the same bandwidth as the old UHF signal. A "special" antenna is not needed.

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
        I don't know anyone who still actually uses "rabbit ears"
        I know quite a few. In fact, looking at my $150 per month cable bill, I'm considering dropping cable and going with a computer home built DVR and an indoor antenna.

Comment

Originally posted by Black150 View Post
          Meh, it's okay. For us with cable and satellite it's no biggy, but i do feel bad for the many out there left without any signal.
          you say it all

tq's
          it only takes a little patience and plenty of PASSION!!

detailing blog

http://thedetailers.blogspot.com

Comment

You guys do know that the new digital channels are all in the UHF band and your old VHF antenna doesn't work well for that right? If you buy a new UHF antenna and replace your old VHF antenna things will likely clear up. You might also need to verify that the antenna location of the new UHF source is the same as the old analog one.
            Jim
            My Gallery

Comment

The picture is great. The programs are the problem. I'm sick of reality shows. It seems they are in the the majority.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');