• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nasty Milky Stain HOW DO I GET IT OFF!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nasty Milky Stain HOW DO I GET IT OFF!!!

Okay,There are no definete's as to what it is???As long as you know it's not from your engine bay,then at least that's something you don't have to worry about.

I would go ahead with one of the cleaners mentioned earlier and use the recommended dillution.

Let us know how you get on.....

Comment

will do. thanks for all the tips and help

NISSAN FRONTIER
      SE CC 4x4
      RED ALERT RED

Comment

ok i tried simple green and megs all purpose...and nothing, all that stuff is still there. when it gets wet with simple green it goes dark as if its going away but as soon as i wipe it and it dries it comes back. i guess ill just have to keep working with it.

NISSAN FRONTIER
        SE CC 4x4
        RED ALERT RED

Comment

It seems that it is well stuck or stained in because of the heat that was created.Can you try and use a cleaner polish?Do a little test spot and see if it can bite into it a little.It's the only way that I can think you can do this.Going by your pics,the parts that are affected are plastic and plastic coated.I don't even know if plastX would have any effect here?

Get back to us.....

Comment

Maybe your only choice is to paint it.
            Here's some I found at a PBE store
            It's for plastic, carpet or lether.
            SEM Classic Coat for Leather

Comment

That just gave me an idea

Just aswell you mentioned that Mario.

If you go to the tip&tricks part(Engine bay hoses),I posted a thread about spray painting plastics and rubber in the engine bay.It's really good stuff.It's designed for that and is heat resistant.It is also available in Black.

The only thing i'm wondering is if you can find it in the states.(I think it's made in Germany).

That could be another alternative?

Comment

You say you used Gunk and Black Magic? I'm assuming the 2-in-1 product for engines, but just to double check. Did you use them before you cleaned the rest of the truck, and then it dried like that? Gunk before the Black Magic or reverse?

Comment

If the junk can be scraped off with your finger nail, then sure there must be a chemical that will dissolve it and clean it away. How about trying the Gunk again? Or what about Amazing Roll-Off?
                  Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                  --Al Kimel

Comment

Okay my educated guess is that it is calcium from when water was on your hoses then the engine got hot and boiled off the water and left the mineral deposits. My recommendation is to get some CLR and test a small spot. The reason I say that is because if you can scrape them off then it is an external contamination. Use a tooth brush on the hoses with CLR then rinse and dry. If that works then you can dress them. The problem with vinyl paint is if you can scrape it off then you will be painting the contaimenent not the plastic. I have seen this thing before and it worked for my situation. Hope this helps.
                    RG Curtis
                    U.S. Navy Silent Service

Comment

Good point there RG.I think it'll come off with a bit of rubbing,with one of the above mentioned products.Better that than picking it off,as that could lead to a lot of scratches with soft plastic
                      If you find the lumps come off but has left stains,even after rubbing,hence it is smooth,you might have to go down the road of spraying it with a 'heat resistant' spray.They work well,and last.

Comment

CLR might do the trick, or you could try some plain old vinegar in a little water. It's good for calcium/mineral scale.
                        Kevin
                        Overland Park, KS USA
                        1987 MB 560SL
                        2003 MB ML320
                        2006 Mini Cooper S

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');