• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Pad Help for Father's Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Pad Help for Father's Day

I decided that I really wanted to do something nice for my father for father's day, so I bought him the following for his 2004 Audi A8L that he daily drives:

Meguiar's G110
    Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash
    Swissvax Cleaner Fluid
    Swissvax Onyx Car Wax
    Swissvax Wood Polish
    Swissvax Autobahn Wheel Wax
    Swissvax Leather Brush
    Swissvax Detail Brush
    Swissvax Wheel Brush
    Swissvax Pneu brush
    Swisvaxx Quick Finish
    Swissvax Pneu Tire Rubber Dressing
    Meguiar's Clay Bar Kit
    Meguiar's ScratchX 2.0
    1Z Einszett Cockpit Premium Interior Cleaner
    Leather Master Foam Cleaner for Suede and Alcantara
    Uber Red Notched Applicator Pad - 4
    Leather Master Kit with Strong Cleaner, Protection, and Vital
    Uber All Purpose Microfiber Towels - 9
    Uber Yellow Wash Sponge

I also built him this, which is custom fitted to hosue the above products:

Now the problem is, I have no idea what pads to get for the G110 and I'm running out of time.

I've tried searching but I get confused as to what backing plate comes with the DA and what will work with it. From what I gather, any Soft Buff 2.0 pad will work with it?

Is there any place that sell these things locally? I've called around to all of the autozone and car places in the area and nobody even knows what a DA polisher is. My zip code is 06410.

If I can't get them locally, are there any pads available on Amazon Prime (since I can get $4 overnight shipping) that would work with the DA?

Thanks for the help, I'm in a bind and can't figure out where to get these pads without spending $50 for overnight shipping. I'm almost out of money!

Re: Need Pad Help for Father's Day

If you really dont want to order online you can try and locate your local PBE store and see if they carry any.

If online ordering isnt a problem I would check out ADS (autodetailingsolutions.net) the most you will be charged for shipping is 16.95 and they have the new Meg's 2.0 soft buff pads in combonations of whatever you want. Or you can try out Properautocare.com who also has great prices on them.

So obviously I think the meguiars soft buff 2.0 7" pads are you best bet. They work great and they are machine washable which is a great feature.

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');