• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

interesting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting question

I have a question for everyone. First of all I finished my winter coat this past weekend for my car. 2x Nxt and top with #16 which an awesome wax and has an amazing wet look effect on my car.

Since it has like 4 months of winter here in Canada. I thought of ways of washing my car. I decided to use the coin op method. That someone suggested on another thread. Basicly its bring your mitts and bucket to the shop and use the rinse method.

Now to the question. Is it really beneficial to wash the car still during the winter months because washing the car does take off some of the protection on the car. I know it wont look clean but would like to hear your opinions about it. Instead of a weekly wash would monthly wash sound better? What do you guys think? My car will be garaged at night but no heater on the garage but parked outside when at work.

YIKES! Please wash your car during the winter to remove any dirt, salt, sand, and contaminates.

Wax will not stop those things from doing damage if they are left on the vehilce for long periods of time.
    Boss_429

Comment

What about if I just wash it with a high pressure washer to minimize removal of more wax?

Comment

I think waxes are precautionary protection.. I mean it wouldn't stop the rust from the salts, the dirt buildup and stuff like that.. It would probably protect your car under the sun, from oxidizing faster, etc but it wouldn't completely protect your car as if it had an armor.. Washing a car from time to time has a lot of benefits...
        2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');