• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having More Than One Car - A Luxury Or Necessity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Having More Than One Car - A Luxury Or Necessity?

Originally posted by xantonin View Post
    I think it's a luxurious necessity
    I almost have to agree with you!

I live in South Dakota. so driving my Monte Carlo that sits 2 inches off the ground in the winter time just doesnt work out very good. It can be done.. But, I hate to beat the heck out of it when in the summer its my baby!

2002 Yellow Chevy Monte Carlo SS
    My Albums: http://s394.photobucket.com/albums/pp24/Johnson0667/

Comment

Both. I, personally, only have one car; but my parents have a 2003 Saturn and a 1995 Volvo station wagon.

When parking is sparse (as it always is in New York) we take the Saturn. When the whole family is going somewhere, we take the Volvo. The Volvo is also for long distance travel as it is a more solid car. Even though it is old and not very well maintained, the Volvo is luxurious and surprisingly fast (turbocharged). I hate driving the Saturn, the V4 is really rather embarrassing and I am a big guy, I don't fit very well at all.

My car is not very practical; it is a coupe, I rarely allow people in the back seats and it's not fuel efficient. I am a teenager, I'm allowed to be selfish and throw practicality to the wind.
      James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
      Calais Auto Detailing
      CalaisDetails@aim.com
      www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

For me it's luxury, but also kind of a necessity.
        1 classic when it's good weather, basically mostly in the summer.
        And a daily drive for the regular km's/miles, like going to work, etc.

And what the necessity is for, well.......sometimes the daily car isn't available.
        That's because a familymember needs the car sometimes, mostly if she has to go to work.

Comment

Living in the country, gotta have 2. My Luxury is that I have a daily driver to save wear and tear on my new truck.

Comment

I need to use 2 different ways. I do some mowing on the side and for 1 or 2 days a week I need a truck to take the lawn mower and junk in because I would never think of trying to put in in side my car.
            But my dad has a truck so I use his until I buy a truck.

Comment

I have a DD compact car with over 160K mileage. I also have a used and well worn GMC Sonoma for dump/HD runs. My wife has a 14 year old Honda for going to school in the city. All cars are paid for.

Comment

I think it is necessary. There are a lot of times you need versatility, then on the other hand you need economy.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

A real necessity, at my house. My wife drives 45 miles westof where we live, and I drive 15 miles east of where we live. My '64 has come in handy when one of our other cars is sent to the shop.
                  Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Comment

I see a second car as a necessity. If one of the cars has broken down you can save yourself the cost and hastle of renting a car. Not to mention the fact that the insurance and registration is probably cheaper than a two day car rental. Plus the second car can also be a test bed for new Meg's products. In my eyes it is a win win situation

Comment

i think its a necessity depending on the two vehicles you drive. i personally have a two door coupe and a truck. the car gets decent gas mileage and the truck is useful when i need to haul stuff or go out to the lake, desert, or mountains when a car isnt practical.

for folks that drive two cars, or two trucks i would see it as a luxury so it all depends on what you're driving...
                      2007 Flint Mica Scion tC

Comment

I had to put necessity. I have REALLY BAD MOOD SWINGS and the only way to resolve them is by driving a different vehicle.

Sometimes I'm in the mood to drive the truck, other times I'm in the mood for the Camaro. On real nice days, I'm usually in the mood to ride the motorcycle. :-)

Comment

Depending on how many drivers you have in the family it could be a necessity...

We have 3 daily drivers for me an my kids who are in High School and College.

Now we do have 3 cars that are toys. One, a 2010 SS Camaro is my wife's driver but she works from home...

So for us I would say its a luxury.
                          My shop nightmare!!!
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rZnNaDCiH4
                          http://s259.photobucket.com/albums/h...ding%20issues/

Comment

I used to think 2 vehicles were a luxury but am now convinced I'm going to need a 2nd vehicle out of necessity. I drive a 7 yr old 4x4 year round and spend most of the summer on the bikes. I like the truck well enough that I'd like to keep it another 7 years. Which means cutting back on the miles and reserving it for winter use. There's times when a bike isn't practical so I'm shopping for that elusive low-mileage creampuff with some charactor at the right price. Figure with some patience I ought to be able to find something interesting by Spring.

TL

Comment

It really depends. I can see someone owning two cars for a necessity, but anything more than that is just a luxury.
                              If you live around Charlotte, NC and would like your car detailed, PM me.

Comment

You only really need one and you get one that fits all your needs. Just look at all the varieties to everyones demanding requirements..

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');