• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using a Mytee HP60 or HP100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using a Mytee HP60 or HP100?

Looking to purchase one of these units. I'd apreciate any feedback or recomendations. Thanks

Re: Anyone using a Mytee HP60 or HP100?

I generally don't like to comment on products I have never used but I have heard so much praise about these products I have to believe they are top notch. The 100 has an 11 gallon tank whereas the 60 has a 6 gallon tank. That appears to be the biggest difference between the two. Well that and the price.

Comment

I have the Mytee Spyder (HP60) and love it. I used to have Durrmaid but kept having problems with it kicking the breaker when it heated and it actually melted the wiring inside the unit, I got tired of fixing it and bought the Mytee and have never had a problem with it. It doesn't heat the tank up like the Durrmaid did, but has an inline heater, so if you are using it a lot, sometimes you need to let it reheat but only takes a minutes or two. The lift on this unit is incredible...

Comment

Thanks for the input, The HP60 is the on Iwas looking at for my mobile rig. Great tip on the heat.

Comment

I am looking into going with something smaller like the 8070 Mytee Lite II. The HP60 may be a bit too much for me. I just hear Mytee is a great product.
          Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
          www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
          Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

I looked at the Lite II but would rather have the lift and psi, footprint is not a concern for my truck, weight for lifting is though why I'm getting the "60"

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Weed View Post
              I have the Mytee Spyder (HP60) and love it. I used to have Durrmaid but kept having problems with it kicking the breaker when it heated and it actually melted the wiring inside the unit, I got tired of fixing it and bought the Mytee and have never had a problem with it. It doesn't heat the tank up like the Durrmaid did, but has an inline heater, so if you are using it a lot, sometimes you need to let it reheat but only takes a minutes or two. The lift on this unit is incredible...
              Does the 60 have two power cords or just one? Apparently this unit drew so much power than you generally had to have it draw from two different breakers hence two cords. Which I guess when you have a heater, a powerful pump and a powerful vacuum all working at one time, you are pulling a significant amount of electricity.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert31 View Post
                Does the 60 have two power cords or just one? Apparently this unit drew so much power than you generally had to have it draw from two different breakers hence two cords. Which I guess when you have a heater, a powerful pump and a powerful vacuum all working at one time, you are pulling a significant amount of electricity.
                It has one power cord, it has never blown a breaker, but I think the inline heater takes a back seat to the pump and vac when they are all three running. That's why I mentioned if you will be doing a lot of extracting, if the water starts to cool down, turn the vac/pump off for a couple of minutes and it water will be very hot again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Weed View Post
                  It has one power cord, it has never blown a breaker, but I think the inline heater takes a back seat to the pump and vac when they are all three running. That's why I mentioned if you will be doing a lot of extracting, if the water starts to cool down, turn the vac/pump off for a couple of minutes and it water will be very hot again.
                  I would LOVE to have a 60, it would make cleaning carpets so much easier but man they are expensive. I have heard of some people using them to clean the carpets in their house with the floor carpet adapter. Have you ever tried this?

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');