• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1932 ford model b deuce coupe first exterior detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1932 ford model b deuce coupe first exterior detail

my old work friend who is has been a valeter for quite some time asked if i could help him prep his 1932 ford model b deuce coupe..................well i just had to.

car was quite tidy other than a faint layer of dust so we decided it would be quicker and easier to use poor boys waterless wash system which in fairness did do a reasonable job imo.

then progressed onto claying the paint using meguiars soft clay and my home made lube ( ph neutral wash and bottled water )

the paint in all fairness wasnt that contaminated as shown.

once whole car was clayed on with the correction and as you can see i was up against it.

i started out with menzerna final finsh and a soft buff pad which didnt cut it for me so went the next level and used a lambswool polishing bonnet and some menzerna intensive with a smudge of power gloss.

i was a little warey as most the car was fibreglass so the correction wasnt fantastic but never the less a good result was acheived.
    heres a 50/50.

on to the rest of the car.

the enginge was tidy but needed a little pep up so a good tidy with some megs apc and some good old elbow grease followed by megs nxt metal polish and the result was good.

wax was applied by 3 finger foam applicator, wax of choice was dodo juice rubbish boys edition.

left for 1 hour then leveled with meguiars nxt speed detailer.

what a shining example.

tyres cleaned with megs apc, wheels were sealed with smart rim wax and tyres dressed using meguiars tyre gel.

the end result was great to see and my friend was over the moon with the finish.
    as you can see this is the shaded side and the reflections of him and his screwdriver set on the floor are quite clear.

thanks for looking.

Beau Technique
    Member of the autoshine sv detailing network and dodo juice authorised detailer in the UK.

Happy days maxin the waxin.

Re: 1932 ford model b deuce coupe first exterior detail

thanks for sharing Scott.

Excellent work on a really coooool car!

Spotless!

Comment

Are you wearing Spiderman socks?

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

no dude.
        simpsons
        Beau Technique
        Member of the autoshine sv detailing network and dodo juice authorised detailer in the UK.

Comment

I think that means he likes your work!

Comment

Did you remove part of a ZZ Top logo from the car?

Comment

now that was very well spotted
              no i didnt remove the zz top logo but i wished i had noticed that before and put something in the right up
              Beau Technique

Comment

Very nice looking work indeed!

Comment

love the old school look with the wheels and tires! great work
                  2004 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue

Comment

Great work. That coupe is a very cool car indeed.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');