• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Claying on warm surface?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claying on warm surface?

I just got home from work. I am detailing my car this weekend.. I would like to get a good start at it and get some started tonight.

Can I clay when the surface is a little warm. Its not burning hot warm... but you can tell its warm.. It has 90 degree's here today. It has been parked in the shade at work..

Being I am asking about this.. This weekend, its suppose to be in the 80's with good humdity. I am doing my detail in my garage so the car will be parked all weekend.. Using UC and Swirlx and all of that in this kinda heat wont damage my paint right?

2002 Yellow Chevy Monte Carlo SS
    My Albums: http://s394.photobucket.com/albums/pp24/Johnson0667/

Re: Claying on warm surface?

As long as you can comfortably put you hand on the surface and keep it there, all should be well.

Just keep in mind that the warmer the surface, the quicker products may dry. So you my need to work a smaller area at a time, so things dont dry up on you.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Do I need to do anything different when applying the UC and swirlX and wax the surface will be cool by then.. its just going to be the air temp that is going to be warm

2002 Yellow Chevy Monte Carlo SS
      My Albums: http://s394.photobucket.com/albums/pp24/Johnson0667/

Comment

Well, things like SwirlX, UC, dont need to dry before removing, or they can be tough to remove. So rather than working a 16x16 area, maybe you are reduced to a 12x12 area, or that sort of thing, but just go with the flow, you'll be ok.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');