• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waterless Engine Detailing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Waterless Engine Detailing...

Originally posted by sparx View Post
    Ok
    What is APC, where do you get it?
    APC+ is a Meguiar's product which is an abbreviation for All Purpose Cleaner Plus. You can get some here:

www.autodetailingsolutions.com

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Late this afternoon, not having much else to do, I grabbed my bottle of M40 and began to clean up the rubber and plastic in my S2000's engine bay. Not that it was dirty--I've been trying to wipe it down after every wash or every other wash. The M40 worked great. The hoses look real good. I'm glad to find a new use for M40. I'll be using it frequently on the engine bays of our two vehicles.
        Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
        --Al Kimel

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

I use M40 on interiors, exterior trim, engine bays, weatherstrippings, etc.

I am thinking about buying it in the 5 gallon container since I use so much of it. Really is a great product that is not limited to one area of the vechile.
            Nick
            Tucker's Detailing Services
            815-954-0773
            2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Nice!

I like those black covers that chevy use to cover the resevoirs.

Comment

hi guys , i just have a quick question. i am convinced to purchase M40 but is it water resistant? is it a dye?

Comment

No, M40 is not water resistant nor is it a dye. The low-gloss look it leaves is temporary.
                  Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                  --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
                    No, M40 is not water resistant nor is it a dye. The low-gloss look it leaves is temporary.

thanks alot akimel. do you have any ideas which product i can use that is more permanent aside from paint?

Comment

I use CD2 Engine Detailer. I think you will find that it lasts longer than other engine dressings.
                      --Al Kimel

Comment

CD2 Engine detailer is spectacular, and spectacularly inexpensive. It leaves a permanent resin, and my engine bay still gets complements 8 months later. You won't regret using it.

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
                          I use CD2 Engine Detailer. I think you will find that it lasts longer than other engine dressings.
                          thank you very much!

Comment

sweeeeeeet loooks great i use this aswell on my car lol and all the vinyl and rubber on it lol i like the hyper dressing but it doesnt last as long being its water based

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');