• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trailer questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer questions...

I'm going to buy a trailer to pull behind my truck, and have some questions. I'm hoping someone can give me some solid advice.

My choices are the 5x10 in black(to match the truck), or red(to match the van, kind of a company theme-red and blue). The 5x10, being the smaller of my 2 choices, will fit inside my garage at home, thats a big plus for me!

My other choice(same exact price as the 5x10), would be a 6x10 in white. White is a very boring color, but I could get it wrapped to liven it up a bit. The advantage with this one is the extra 1 foot in width, but it's also 1 foot taller. This mean I would not be able to put it inside my garage at home. But the reward would be a much larger interior space.

What would you do? Both trailers are the same exact price. Tow vehicle is a black Chevy Colorado crew cab Xtreme with the 5 liter engine.

Nick
    2008 Meguiar's Batmobile Team
    2008 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2009 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team
    2010 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team

Re: Trailer questions...

I'd probably get the smaller red one, that way you'll only have to have a decal instead of a wrap. Also, with the smaller one, you're less likely to overpower the engine and weight in the colorado.
    2004 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue

Comment

Seems like smaller would make loading and unloading A LOT easier on ya if you can pull it inside the garage.

Do they have the same axle width? The smaller one might wiggle more on the road if it is smaller and lighter. Also, does that extra foot make your life that much easier? If you bought a trailer without the extra foot, would you regret it later down the road?

Lastly, painted red will shine better than a graphic wrapped white one.
      NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

I vote the red one I think you will be happier and it will look great behind either the red van or the black truck

Comment

'Nother vote for the red trailer!
          Shane
          1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

No trailer! Stick with a van.

My van recently broke down and I am now using my back up trailer. It is a pain!
            Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post
              I'm going to buy a trailer to pull behind my truck, and have some questions. I'm hoping someone can give me some solid advice.

My choices are the 5x10 in black(to match the truck), or red(to match the van, kind of a company theme-red and blue). The 5x10, being the smaller of my 2 choices, will fit inside my garage at home, thats a big plus for me!

My other choice(same exact price as the 5x10), would be a 6x10 in white. White is a very boring color, but I could get it wrapped to liven it up a bit. The advantage with this one is the extra 1 foot in width, but it's also 1 foot taller. This mean I would not be able to put it inside my garage at home. But the reward would be a much larger interior space.

What would you do? Both trailers are the same exact price. Tow vehicle is a black Chevy Colorado crew cab Xtreme with the 5 liter engine.

Nick
              Would the larger one fit if you lowered the tire pressure when you wanted to store it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
                No trailer! Stick with a van.

My van recently broke down and I am now using my back up trailer. It is a pain!
                This is a 2nd rig. I still have the van running with cleanings. This is for me and buffing. I'm not financially set up to buy another van, and to be honest, another engine to maintain doesn't sound too appealing either. Not to mention another insurance payment every month

I found a used trailer that I picked up this evening. 6x10, and black. Matches the truck I'll post some pictures in a few days. It needs some loving with the rotary It'll be a good before/after project.

Nick

Comment

Hmm.. and I was just about to say this thread was worthless without pics...
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

It will be on craigslist in two weeks!

LOL!
                    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine View Post
                      It will be on craigslist in two weeks!

LOL!
                      I love you too Joe!

No faith! Absolutely no faith at all! I agree it's not the most ideal situation, but at this point, I have to make it work somehow.

Comment

GO bigger.............You will end up wishing you had in the long run.
                        If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Chapman View Post

Nick
                          Unless you swapped it, it's a 5 cylinder, not a 5 liter!

Honestly, I don't know a whole lot about trailers but I wouldn't think that engine would tow a massive trailer with water and supplies on board too terribly well. It's a bit on the anemic side.

You may want to go with the smaller one for that, and the fact that you may need to garage it sometime.

Comment

I'd go with the one that fits in the garage. Trailers are a high theft item these days. At least it would be safe at night when it's not hooked to your rig......
                            Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');