• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swirl finder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swirl finder!

I think it would be neat to enhance swirls on the surface, something to make them more visible....Sure a light will be needed but an extra POP
    "Every moment frontin and maxin
    Chillin in the car they spent all day waxin
    "

Re: Swirl finder!

Originally posted by Zuke View Post
    I think it would be neat to enhance swirls on the surface, something to make them more visible....Sure a light will be needed but an extra POP
    Apart from trying xenon,halogen etc, which are powerfull and include colors from the spectrum to replicate the sun somewhat, I've tried individual spot colors....red,green,blue,yellow etc. and they show up swirls differently. In some cases,they are more prominent. If I remeber well,green halogen showed swirls really clearly and the reflection didn't annoy the eyes either(from prolonged useage at any one time).It was very soft and not annoying.

Comment

How about a thin liquid that reacts to ultraviolet light? Just clean the surface and then wipe the UV reactive liquid on the paint, wipe off the excess and then illuminate with a black light. THAT should bring out the swirls toot sweet.

Kaptain "Still reminiscing about the end of the Disco era" Zero

Comment

Another option that I have no idea about,because I've never tried looking for swirls with, is an actinic 03 blue flourescent bulb/tube. That gives off light only in the blue end of the spectrum and can penetrete deeply.
        What you see is like an ultra violet appearance to everything. I don't have them anymore,so I can't try.

They are normaly used for marine aquariums.So if someone on the forum has one,they could try it and see. Who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by kaptain_zero View Post
          How about a thin liquid that reacts to ultraviolet light? Just clean the surface and then wipe the UV reactive liquid on the paint, wipe off the excess and then illuminate with a black light. THAT should bring out the swirls toot sweet.

Kaptain "Still reminiscing about the end of the Disco era" Zero
          Actually something like that is already currently in use.
          Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');