• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

drying towels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drying towels

I'm ordering some books from Amazon, so might as well get some drying towels. What do you use? I'm looking for ones that are stocked by Amazon, not stores that have seller accounts on Amazon.

Thanks!

Re: drying towels

I use all Water Magnets, ~ 3 per car. Usually 2, but sometimes 3.

Others of course vary in what they like.

+ cheap terry cloths for under the hood, door jambs, etc.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I'm looking forward to getting a few Water Magnets but for the time being I use a cheap waffle-weave to pat dry horizontal surfaces and wipe down the rest with a big, fluffy, plush towel. It's 36"x40" and as soft as it could possibly get, it doesn't concern me with scratching whatsoever. It holds a lot of water and can dry down a whole car. It's some kind of olive color. I found mine at Pep Boys, if they have the same one on Amazon I definitely recommend it. If not, try your local Pep Boys.
      James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
      Calais Auto Detailing
      CalaisDetails@aim.com
      www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

+2 or whatever number is it for the water magnet..great towel..I have four!
        Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

I have three Water Magnets, sometimes I can get away with just using one or two on smaller cars, trucks usually take three.
          Nick
          Tucker's Detailing Services
          815-954-0773
          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

i was looking into these today....i use an absorber brand chamois now, are these meg magnets better/safer than the absorber?

Comment

Some sporting goods stores have meguiars products. Check Academy. I found them a dollar cheaper than most places.
              Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
              baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

Just ordered 2 water magnet towels

Comment

I use the orange Guzzler HD towels. I can't compare them to water magnets (never owned one) but I am so happy with how the Guzzler HD performs I don't think I will even need to look at any other drying towel. They are pricey, I bought 2 and have yet to need the 2nd towel. I can fully dry my full-size SUV (2006 Trailblazer) with one towel. It's essentially a waffle-weave towel with a foam core sandwiched inside. It is very soft, but the foam core does make it a little "stiff" and doesn't fold as easily as a regular towel. I would recommend them to anyone.

Comment

I use the absorber and 3 water magnets.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

I use Blue Perl waffle weave drying towels. I have 5 and normally use two per vehicle. Sometimes you can find them on sale for half off
                      2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
                      2005 Honda CRF250R
                      2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

i use a big orange armorall towel to dry my car... i bought it last april when i was in LA wallmart...
                        is that a good towel?
                        Regards Voltaire

The shiny one from Zürich

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');