• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good question.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Good question.......

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
    Why do they call themselves 'Trans'?
    According to Wikipedia: Trans-Siberian Orchestra was founded in 1996 in New York City by composers Paul O'Neill and Robert Kinkel and Savatage lead singer Jon Oliva. The group's name is inspired by the Trans-Siberian Railway in Russia, which Kinkel says connects many cultures otherwise isolated, much like music.
    Shane
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Like this no.?

HTML Code:
      <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9fs12_-ihPY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9fs12_-ihPY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

Oops! .......What am i doing wrong here? After copying the embeded code.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
          Oops! .......What am i doing wrong here? After copying the embeded code.
          I have two tabs open - one with my YouTube video and one with my MOL post. Select the embed code, right click and select Copy, then go to your post and just paste. That's all you have to do.
          Shane

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Okay...I'll try again...That was what I was doing originaly.

http://www.youtube.com/v/9fs12_-ihPY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1">
            name="allowFullScreen" value="true">www.youtube.com http:>http://www.youtube.com/v/9fs12_-ihPY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364">

Still the same?

Comment

I have to put mine it php quotes, then it will show up wrong but when you click to edit the post it is correct and I just delete the php quote markes and its fine...I dont really understand it either

Speaking of Trans-siberian! I saw those guys in concert once and it was awesome! Good music and like a light show at the same time! Definitely the best concert ive been to in a while. Oh, and this one girl in the orchestra played a wicked violin!!!

You guys like Danny Elfman? I love his compositions!

Comment

Okay...I'll try the php

Excellent John! How on earth did you find that out about,save,edit,remove????
                Thanks aswell Shane.

Comment

No idea really I just kind of stumbled across it when I was trying to embed one myself

Comment

Maybe it differs between a Mac and a PC? I use a Mac.
                    Shane

Comment

That's quite good sounds from the trans siberian orchestra. I've never heard of them before.

The track by the Balfa Bros. Was used in a film....Do you know which one?

Comment

An interesting news article...

Burglar targets North Bend police station

NORTH BEND, Ore. — A brazen burglar picked the wrong place to target: a police station. Police Chief Steve Scibelli said it was pretty embarrassing to have a thief hit his downtown station last week, stealing a radio, two stun guns and a Crown Victoria patrol car. The one saving grace is that police made a quick arrest.
                        "I'm so upset about it, I can't even find any humor in it," Scibelli told The Register-Guard newspaper. "It's pretty embarrassing."
                        Robert Lloyd Finder, 26, remained in the Coos County Jail on Wednesday, facing just about every charge the police could think up: burglary, possession of burglary tools, theft, unlawful use of a motor vehicle, unlawful entry into a motor vehicle, criminal mischief, criminal trespass, tampering with physical evidence and reckless driving.
                        Scibelli, who oversees a department of 16 officers — including himself — said the burglary occurred when all the officers left a section of the building to respond to an assault call. Finder, according to the chief, later told investigators he was walking near the station and noticed most of the police cars were gone.
                        "He just said he thought he'd try it," Scibelli said. "See if he could pull this off. High risk, low reward."
                        Scibelli said the station's outer doors are difficult to lock, so that's probably how the burglar got inside. The suspect found keys to the police car, swiped a couple of Tasers and drove to Lakeside, where he parked the police car on some railroad tracks inside a tunnel, the chief said.
                        Police caught up with Finder the following day, when he tried to sell the stun guns, Scibelli said. The chief said police have revamped some internal procedures to prevent a similar burglary.
                        "We were dumbfounded," Scibelli said. "Absolutely amazed that someone would have the nerve to do this."
                        ___
                        Information from: The Register-Guard, http://www.registerguard.com
                        Copyright 2009 The Associated Press.
                        Shane

Comment

Wyo. man spots his SUV on way to report it stolen

GILLETTE, Wyo. — Authorities say a man was driving to the Gillette police station to report his Ford Bronco was stolen when he spotted the vehicle and confronted the driver. The driver fled, but police arrested a 16-year-old boy a short time later on suspicion of larceny. His name wasn't released.
                          Police claim the teen stole the SUV after leaving a hospital where his father had taken him for a drug test because he'd been given a misdemeanor citation for marijuana use.
                          The Bronco's owner, 19-year-old Anthony McRae, was headed to police headquarters Saturday when he saw the SUV, called 911 and then began following it.
                          Police said the Bronco pulled over and the driver asked McRae why he was following him. When McRae told him, the driver jumped out and ran.
                          ___
                          Information from: The Gillette News Record - Gillette, http://www.gillettenewsrecord.com
                          Copyright 2009 The Associated Press.
                          Shane

Comment

I like this one:

Comment

Oh man looney tunes!!! Man I loved those growing up!

Comment

Originally posted by john m. View Post
                                Oh man looney tunes!!! Man I loved those growing up!

Best is....I only discovered tonight that I can see a lot of these on Youtube! That one,is one of my personal favourites.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');