• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Explorer

So I did my sisters red Ford explorer this afternoon and man it was bad! No paint correction on this one as you will see, with her its not worth the hassle lol.

Process was:

-Wash with gold class three bucket method
    -Clay with SS clay and last touch as lube
    -Wax with M26
    -Tires and wheel wells cleaned with APC+ at 4:1 (some wheels needed a little wheel brightener
    -Tires and wheel wells dressed with hyperdressing
    -Trim dressed with blackwow, than switched to hyper dressing just cause lol

Interior:

-cleaned with some APC and magic erasers in areas
    -cleaned and dressed with M40
    -QID in some places

(still need to shampoo carpets as I didnt have time. Alright on to pictures

Before

Here you can see some of the swirls not worth taking out. They are much worse in person but coudnt seem to capture them very well

^this cleaned up rather easy to what I thought

^ not the whiteness in the steering wheel and the discoloration of the shifter in the below pic.

Sorry for all the pics got a little picture happy

edit: dont know where my dash pic went but it was terrible. It felt like sap and it was so rough! Had to take the magic eraser to it before hitting it with M40 just to somewhat clean it to a desirable look. Turned the white magic eraser black!

Re: Ford Explorer

For these after pics it was dark and I was having to use an led flashlight for pics lol

here are the afters:

^This is a 50/50 of the bumper with blackwow. The end result was good but for some reason I was having some trouble putting it on so switched to hyper dressing.

^yeah I need to get some plastic polish for the display it looks bad under led

^shifter returned to regular color!

^steering wheel fixed!

^I promise that is only dust that accumilated while doing other things with the doors wide open Not a mess up hahaha

^this area was the dirtiest but I didnt take any before shots. It required APC, little magic eraser, and some M40 to get it to here. Still not 100% happy but oh well ha

^missing clear coat I found while waxing! Not sure how it happened but it looks like someone took out a chunk of the clear and nothing else is damaged

This is the best full shot I could get of the whole car with it being so dark. In the gap from the hood and fender you can somewhat see how dusty and dirty the engine bay is. I will have to take a shot doing that some other time.

Comments and tips are welcome

Comment

Since afters didnt turn out so hot ill try and get some better ones if yall want. Will also probably take interior pics in about a week or longer to see how long she takes to dirty it up again

Comment

Nice work on the truck, That interior came out pretty darn good if you ask me.

I love M40 for both exterior trim and interiors as well. Wont take me much longer to finish out my gallon of it since I use it on every one of my details

again, nice work
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Thanks Tuck! Means alot from you Ill need to go re check my work tomorrow cuz I was getting low on light and dont think I did so hot in places Will be much better when I can get the seats and carpets done

Comment

Originally posted by john m. View Post
            Thanks Tuck! Means alot from you Ill need to go re check my work tomorrow cuz I was getting low on light and dont think I did so hot in places Will be much better when I can get the seats and carpets done
            Yeah, the seats and carpet really give the interior a fresh new like look and even smell.

When you get a chance to finish it, be sure to post the other pics.
            Nick
            Tucker's Detailing Services
            815-954-0773
            2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Nice work! Fine job on turning that interior around, too. That interior was like ! Don't understand why some people absolutely do not care. I saw a Jeep on the road the other day that looked like it came straight from the junkyard. Sounded like it, too. Most of the clear was gone, one of the back windows was gone - it wasn't pretty. I think it was originally black, but the paint was so oxidized that it was more of a gray color and actually turning white in some areas. If it makes you feel any better, my sister rarely cleans her car either. I think it's been about a month and a half, maybe longer, since she last washed it. The funny thing, the birds always poop on her car - they rarely poop on mine . Makes her mad. Oh well. Again great job, and good luck on finishing it!

P.S. I like M40 too!
              Shane
              1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

^psh got you beat! This was my sisters first wash in about 3 months!!! Paint felt like sandpaper! As did most of the car. Windows were terrible from highschool she always got her car shoe polished so now the residue is everywhere and is a paint to get off.

Comment

Looks great. The interior looks good.

Another vote here for #40.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

Nice work John.

You did a good job on the interior.

The steering wheel came really good.

Comment

Looks great the interior came out fantastic

Comment

Thanks a lot guys! Some spots were a little heavy so I went back over it this morning with some some QID to clean everything up a little more.

Eddie, that was probably my favorite outcome! It was all white and cracked and it really came out good! Thanks guys

Comment

Nice turnaround, what is it with some women that won't let you walk on a carpet they just vacuumed in the house and drive around in the dirtiest cars? Not all women, but many.

Comment

I know!! Drives me nuts! My sister could care less about her car! I cleaned it and her boyfriend came over right as I finished and they were looking at it. This is when I wanted to pull my hair out.

He comes in and goes oh man does look tons cleaner, stupid to spend so much time though. Then he goes on to ask how much I would charge for the same process on his huge mudding truck that he never washes (not washed in over a year), when I told him it starts at 125 he says "dude holy **** thats expensive" that much for just that! I was going to go crazy and they tried to tell me I need to lower my price!

Some people really dont appreciate the work you do. Which I guess is why ive been catering more to the car guys in my area. Course I dont like her boyfriend anyways but this just added to it. He is one of those guys that if you dont like what he does your strange and stupid. Okay end of my rant Thanks for the compliments guys, hopefully I can start getting some more work soon now that school is slowing down for a bit!

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');