• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need advice? just sprayed, need to do a clear coat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need advice? just sprayed, need to do a clear coat.

Hi all just need help as i have sprayed my car in 2 pac paint it is a solid colour blue it has been done about 6 months ago, i have not done a clear coat because of the orange peal and some inperfections in the some parts of the body eg: dents, ripples, me and my kids accidently hitting car with tools etc. I was wondering if i should wet sand the car with 800 or 1500 grit sand paper then clear coat it. or should I clear coat it first?

I am not a pro prob just a amature, I give things ago and keep trying till I get it right, and always up for advice.

Re: need advice? just sprayed, need to do a clear coat.

Originally posted by boss xr View Post
    Hi all just need help as i have sprayed my car in 2 pac paint it is a solid colour blue it has been done about 6 months ago, i have not done a clear coat because of the orange peal and some inperfections in the some parts of the body eg: dents, ripples, me and my kids accidently hitting car with tools etc. I was wondering if i should wet sand the car with 800 or 1500 grit sand paper then clear coat it. or should I clear coat it first?

I am not a pro prob just a amature, I give things ago and keep trying till I get it right, and always up for advice.
    The flatter you get it prior to clear the nicer the clear will lay out. Than after 2-3 good coats of clear you can 1500-2000 wet sand and buff to a mirror.

Your 1st coat of clear should be a med wet, If you get a run or sag in the 1st coat stop and correct it, if not you will burn thru trying to get it out after additional coats

Comment

I would agree with that.The better your surface is,before applying the CC,the smoother it will be.

Comment

ok thanks for that guys very much appreceiated.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');