• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expensive LSP's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Expensive LSP's

Originally posted by dsclark View Post
    There is a curious pyschology when it comes to car care products, with more $ meaning better.
    True story- on one car forum site, a person claimed to be a chemist and was offering to selling 2oz tins of wax for $80 that he said was better than the stuff Zymol sold for $500.
    Ok, digest those prices for a sec..
    He became a forum sponser and people bought these tins. Testimonials poured in from forum members and this induced others to buy these little itty bitty tins of wax. One member claimed to be a detailer of exotic cars and siad it was better than anything zymol made. He was a long time poster so I don't think he was a plant.
    Then the truth came out- the guy was no chemist. He bought wax made by the Chemical Guys, repackaged it and jacked the price many, many times. Why were people so fooled? Because of what I call car wax psychology.
    Haha! Sort of like snake-oil salesman of yesteryear if you ask me!

I attend one car show annually and the same guy shows up selling all sorts of finish products in bottles with his own labels pasted on the outside. When I ask who's chemicals he's using he tells me they're his own mixture..... Sure Buddy!!
    BobbyG

Comment

We are so conditioned as a society. You get what you pay fore. So the pricier something is. It has to be better, right. Not necessarily. That to me is the psychology behind it. I bought a expensive car. I usually use a $10.00 wax. If I step up to a $50.00 wax it has to be 5 times better. I say do your research, use proper technique. You can get the same results and have a fatter wallet. lol
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
        We are so conditioned as a society. You get what you pay fore. So the pricier something is. It has to be better, right. Not necessarily. That to me is the psychology behind it. I bought a expensive car. I usually use a $10.00 wax. If I step up to a $50.00 wax it has to be 5 times better. I say do your research, use proper technique. You can get the same results and have a fatter wallet. lol

Right on!
        Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Comment

Just use the wax that looks the best to you. If you have a lot of money then by all means buy the expensive wax . If you are like me you will use the best of the cheapest. You cant go wrong with any Meguiars product. Ive tried many waxes , and Meguiars is up their with the best of them. Ive used Poorboys Black Hole and Natty Blue on a black Ford and it came out outstanding. I sure that if I used Megs #7 and #26 it would came out the same way. I know a detailer that does wonders with 151. I forgot that Natty Blue is a $25.00 wax . Thats cheap wax to some people.

Comment

Originally posted by dsclark View Post
            There is a curious pyschology when it comes to car care products, with more $ meaning better.
            True story- on one car forum site, a person claimed to be a chemist and was offering to selling 2oz tins of wax for $80 that he said was better than the stuff Zymol sold for $500.
            Ok, digest those prices for a sec..
            He became a forum sponser and people bought these tins. Testimonials poured in from forum members and this induced others to buy these little itty bitty tins of wax. One member claimed to be a detailer of exotic cars and siad it was better than anything zymol made. He was a long time poster so I don't think he was a plant.
            Then the truth came out- the guy was no chemist. He bought wax made by the Chemical Guys, repackaged it and jacked the price many, many times. Why were people so fooled? Because of what I call car wax psychology.
            If he had smacked a swiss cross on hit he probably could have tripled his income
            Arctic Detailing - Northern Norway
            Facebook site http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...12239962147393

1996´AUDI S6 AVANT QUATTRO
            00`S6 tip 92´S4q, 97´S6q, 97´A4q, 02´A4q, 76´ Audi50

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');