• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent problems with Spell Checking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent problems with Spell Checking...

Hi all,

ieSpell http://download.cnet.com/ieSpell/300...age&tag=button no longer highlights (turns blue) the word in question. I did some recommended MS updates a few nights ago. It was acting fine for two days after those updates were installed, and just this evening stopped the highlighting. I frequent two different forums and neither spell checker works like it used to. It still basically works, but it's a nuisance searching the text for the misspelled word. Are you having any difficulties?

Thanks in advance...
    "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
    BOB

Re: Recent problems with Spell Checking...

Mine seems ok so far.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Same here. no problems.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

I'm seeing now that perhaps Internet Explorer version 8 is the problem. It worked fine with version 7. Darn!
        "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
        BOB

Comment

Originally posted by RGP View Post
          I'm seeing now that perhaps Internet Explorer version 8 is the problem. It worked fine with version 7. Darn!
          Switch to Mozilla Firefox, it's safer and faster!

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
          Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew C. View Post
            Switch to Mozilla Firefox, it's safer and faster!
            I'm a computer illiterate baby boomer, Andrew. Can I download Firefox and try it while I still keep I.E. version 8 on my Vista computer, and then decide which I prefer or must I first remove I.E. 8?

If all else fails, I can always ask the ten year old boy next door!
            BOB

Comment

I'm a computer illiterate baby boomer, Andrew. Can I download Firefox and try it while I still keep I.E. version 8 on my Vista computer, and then decide which I prefer or must I first remove I.E. 8?

If all else fails, I can always ask the ten year old boy next door!
              You can't remove IE from a Windows computer.
              AeroCleanse, LLC
              Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
              www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Originally posted by AeroCleanse View Post
                You can't remove IE from a Windows computer.
                So I can download Firefox and try it. Then if I don't like it, I can merely go to add or remove programs and delete Firefox completely?
                BOB

Comment

So I can download Firefox and try it. Then if I don't like it, I can merely go to add or remove programs and delete Firefox completely?
                  Yep. I would be very surprised if you didn't like it over Internet Explorer 8.

Internet Explorer has to be one of the worse browsers I've ever used.

Ryan
                  Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Thanks a million, Ryan!!!
                    BOB

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');