• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wash and Wax Soap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wash and Wax Soap

I was wondering if anyone on here knows of a car wash solution that is a wash and a wax. I am looking for a good car wash solution that causes water to bead when rinsed off. I know wash and wax soap solutions don't protect, but the beading action would be helpful when it comes to drying an customer's unwaxed car.

I remember someone giving me Malco Wash-and-Wax that came in a purple half gallon bottle years ago but I didn't like the fact that it required a 1:20 ratio (though it did a really good job and made a car's paint extremely slick) and Malco products are hard to find in my area.

Re: Wash and Wax Soap

I think Eagle One might have some.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I think you'll find there are loads to choose from off the shelfs.I've never used them.It's against my principals.

Comment

Eagle One does make one.

Comment

Armor All makes one. So does KIT
          Nick
          Tucker's Detailing Services
          815-954-0773
          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Eagle One also has one that is supposed to sheet.

Comment

I hope I don't get banned for posting this, but since you are asking...

Wash & Wax with Carnauba Wax Beads
              Wash & Wax in one easy step!

Rain-X® High Foaming Wash & Wax is a specialty car wash that washes and waxes your vehicle in one easy application. Deep cleaning foam dissolves and lifts off dirt and road grime while soft gel Carnauba Wax beads, suspended in the formula, help to protect your vehicle's finish. The Wash & Wax formula protects your vehicle's finish against harsh environmental conditions. Rain-X® Wash & Wax leaves your vehicle with a brilliant shine!
              • Carnauba Wax protection
              • Deep cleaning foam for a brilliant shine
              • Safe for all vehicle finishes including clearcoat
              • Provides protection from all of the elements

This is what I use during winter when I cannot comfortably polish and wax my car.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymiguel69 View Post
                I was wondering if anyone on here knows of a car wash solution that is a wash and a wax. I am looking for a good car wash solution that causes water to bead when rinsed off. I know wash and wax soap solutions don't protect, but the beading action would be helpful when it comes to drying an customer's unwaxed car.

I remember someone giving me Malco Wash-and-Wax that came in a purple half gallon bottle years ago but I didn't like the fact that it required a 1:20 ratio (though it did a really good job and made a car's paint extremely slick) and Malco products are hard to find in my area.
                If you want to stay within the Meg's line, Meg's Soft Wash Gel does contain gloss enhancers which leave a slick feel to the paint but does not contain wax per se. I have also seen guys dry with quick detailer to both help remove water and add some gloss to the surface.

If not, you can give any of the products listed above a shot...

Comment

I haven't tried doing it yet, but I have wondered whether Ultimate Quik Wax might be employed as a drying aid. A couple MOL members said they were going to try it out and see, but they have not yet reported their results. If it worked okay, this would give you the beading action you are looking for, as well as leaving behind a little protection. Has anyone tried appllying UQW when the car is wet and then drying the car?
                  Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                  --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
                    I haven't tried doing it yet, but I have wondered whether Ultimate Quik Wax might be employed as a drying aid. A couple MOL members said they were going to try it out and see, but they have not yet reported their results. If it worked okay, this would give you the beading action you are looking for, as well as leaving behind a little protection. Has anyone tried appllying UQW when the car is wet and then drying the car?
                    I actually washed a usual customers Harley Davidson today that already had NXT 2.0 on it.

I used UQW on the painted surfaces as I dried it. worked fine.
                    Nick
                    Tucker's Detailing Services
                    815-954-0773
                    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Many of the lesser quality brands that are available at local stores all seem to have a Wash/Wax combo...

Armor All
                      Rainx
                      turtle wax
                      eagle one
                      Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
                        Many of the lesser quality brands that are available at local stores all seem to have a Wash/Wax combo...

Armor All
                        Rainx
                        turtle wax
                        eagle one
                        I do not intend to disagree with your opinion, but do you have any empirical or scientific evidence suggesting that any of the brands listed above is of lesser quality?

Comment

Originally posted by Bounty View Post
                          I have also seen guys dry with quick detailer to both help remove water and add some gloss to the surface.

For over two years, I've been using Last Touch while drying and I think it comes out great.
                          Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Bounty View Post
                            If you want to stay within the Meg's line, Meg's Soft Wash Gel does contain gloss enhancers which leave a slick feel to the paint but does not contain wax per se. I have also seen guys dry with quick detailer to both help remove water and add some gloss to the surface.

If not, you can give any of the products listed above a shot...

I can't find this now? I've always used the soft wash gel. Tons of sudz..

I found the NXT had a little less.The suds break down a tad quicker.Still good though.

Oh what the hec....They're all good!

Comment

Please don't me...

IMO, Turtle Wax Ice does makes drying quicker...

Duragloss #901 too....

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');