• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Motor Oil Do you Prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Motor Oil Do you Prefer?

Motul 300v with addp added 3000miles max. though ive never done a oil test to see if it can run longer(sure it can)

Comment

I've used 300v (5w40) 2x in the past, 300v itself can last more than 3000 miles easily... Bloody expensive stuff though... Now, Ive settled with a decent quality synthetic blend oil 5w-40 or 10w 40... I just change ot more frequently... Having an oil that lasts too long brings out the lazy guy in me. Changing oil more frequently (just my opinion) forces one to inspect the car more frequently and keeps internals cleaner.

Comment

300v is a racing oil, while the oil certainly can take more abuse than 3000 miles will put on it. I stay more concerned with the repeated heating/cooling cycles, and the additional fuel that gets in the oil from cold starts. Neither of those situations do i beleive the oil is made to handle. Again, thats just my theory though. never tested it to see how bad its beat up. But its still green when it comes out, so its probably ok

Comment

I used Royal Purple 5w 30 with a K&N oil filter for the first 50, 000 miles at 3,500 mile intervals on my car. Switched to Mobil 1 Extended Performance with matching filter for the past 45, ooo miles. My car seems to idle smoother on the mobil 1. Every 3 motor oil changes I try and squeeze in half a bottle of Sea Foam.

Comment

you mean before youchange the oil right?

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');