• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nxt tech wax 2.0 or m1611?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nxt tech wax 2.0 or m1611?

what to buy? that is the question....

torn between the two... if you were me, what would you guys buy?

i am having my first customer on saturday, and i only have DC steps 123...
    its a Civic 00' metalic black... i know its has a soft paint so i think DC will do the work...
    but for the wax i want it to really shine and last...

what do you guys think?
    nxt or m16?

thanks...
    Regards Voltaire

The shiny one from Zürich

Re: nxt tech wax 2.0 or m1611?

If you can find M16 then get that, otherwise NXT 2.0 will do just fine.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

ok.. we have alot of this here in Switzerland... but really expensive... 62.00 swiss franks...

just for your info, so you guys can see how expensive it is here a full auto detail interior,engine and paint cost like 700Chf around 650USD... thats by a "Pro detailer"
      i will be asking just 500 to start with as a hobby...

anyway thanks Nick...
      Regards Voltaire

Comment

If M16 is so expensive, then I would recommend that you go with the less expensive (so I presume) NXT. I suspect that most folks will prefer the clarity and reflectivity of NXT, and it's easier to apply and remove than #16, so everyone says.
        Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
        --Al Kimel

Comment

I use and love M16, but NXT 2.0 is a great wax as well. You can't go wrong with either in my own humble opinion.....

Awwww heck, get them both

Like Al said, NXT is very easy to use. M16 if applied thin works quite well, but very hard to remove of applied to thick!
          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

i guess i will have to buy both... this customer i have on saturday is a little special so i want the best for her...
            i will use nxt for the not so special once...

which will last longer nxt or m16? the car is a daily driver...
            Last edited by RS-Kwong; Jul 9, 2009, 10:11 AM. Reason: "which" was spelled wrong
            Regards Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by RS-Kwong View Post
              i guess i will have to buy both...
              One can't have too many waxes ... at least so I keep telling myself!
              Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
              --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
                One can't have too many waxes ... at least so I keep telling myself!
                i agree.. just thinking ahead as they say...
                i would buy it anyway in the future... why not now..
                Regards Voltaire

Comment

I havent gotten any 16 yet but NXT is really good! You could always do a spot of both on the hood of the car your doin to see which you like the look of better

Comment

Originally posted by john m. View Post
                    I havent gotten any 16 yet but NXT is really good! You could always do a spot of both on the hood of the car your doin to see which you like the look of better
                    i will try that, thanks.. and maybe show then ask her which wax she likes... i just pray that i dont mess her car up... its pretty bad...

which do you guys think will last longer?
                    does megs usa dont sell m16 anymore?
                    if not, i think they ship everything here in europe...
                    Regards Voltaire

Comment

Im not sure which would last longer since I havent had any experience with m16 but have been told that it is very durable! You can even go to extremes and do a layer of NXT and top it with M16 Dont be worried about messing up if its as bad as you make it sound you probably cant make it any worse

and no they dont sell here anymore, I would have to get M16 from canada if I wanted any They also dont sell the gold class brushes and I think you can still get them?

Comment

I wouldn't go more than 3 months on a wax, I do a major waxing (maybe not full blast detail) on our cars every 3 months. I live in a rural area so dust, dirt, smoke from fires in summer kills my cleanliness.

I do clay when I wax and use UQD between waxing and now have bought and love UQW! Our Neon and Yukon is just beautiful after a washing and UQW, much less a full on detail!

Comment

yah we stil have them.
                          here is our catalog but its in german...
                          just to show you what megs sell here...

there profi line

sorry off topic.....

i would love to offer to send what you guys need that you dont have there anymore but it would double the price...

anyway about the car its very swirly... i will take some pics on saturday and upload them here...
                          i will try both waxes on the hood... and compare...
                          Regards Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
                            I wouldn't go more than 3 months on a wax, I do a major waxing (maybe not full blast detail) on our cars every 3 months. I live in a rural area so dust, dirt, smoke from fires in summer kills my cleanliness.

I do clay when I wax and use UQD between waxing and now have bought and love UQW! Our Neon and Yukon is just beautiful after a washing and UQW, much less a full on detail!
                            the weather here is not so friendly... gray skies and rain comes every other week... we are very lucky if we get a whole week of sun...
                            i wash and vacum my car every saturday and use UQD... interior when it needs to be cleaned... i wish UQW would come here soon..
                            Regards Voltaire

Comment

I hear ya, my former employers are from Switzerland and they talk about the weather and how beautiful the country is.

I should probably go less than 3 months on a wax, but that's when I do it..... With UQD/UQW thrown in their, it works for me.

As far as waxes go, I switch between NXT 2.0, M16, M26 and M21(not as much).

You can't go wrong with any of them in my opinion. I have and still use Gold Class, it looks great on our Yukon.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');