• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nxt tech wax 2.0 or m1611?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: nxt tech wax 2.0 or m1611?

Originally posted by RS-Kwong View Post
    yah we stil have them.
    here is our catalog but its in german...
    just to show you what megs sell here...

Interesting, Meguiar's still offers their brushes in Europe... I wish they were still available in the US.

Comment

I have not used NXT 2.0 but hear good things about it, and a few that say the durability is not the greatest. I have M16 and it is supossed to be super durable and long lasting. Have only used it once and it has been about a month and the car is still looking great and it beaded nicely when I washed it today.

See how it looks/performs in a few more months.
      2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
      2005 Honda CRF250R
      2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

Both are great waxes, put some NXT on first and layer it with M16 !
        M21 (sealant) gives longer protection compared to NXT,if you top M21 with a coat of M16 you will get the best of both worlds !
        This combo rocks : longlasting protection and a warm shine-glow

My Alfa has M21 & M16 on it with UQW as LSP !

Comment

I love M16, very durable and the beading. . . so nice. Nxt is a great wax to. If you deciding to get M16 make sure to apply thin. Thats all. very very thin indeed. hehehe. I've learn it the hard way.

Comment

all your tips are saved... thanks... so far i am very impress with the DC's thats because i try to wax as offen as possble... but for the customers i think i would need a longer lasting wax, just to make them happy a little longer...

i hope i get the time to go to meguiars(mts) later to buy this stuff...
            it closes at 5pm... and i work till 5pm... i will just sneek out at lunchtime...
            Regards Voltaire

The shiny one from Zürich

Comment

Here is some picture of M16 beading after 3 weeks

Comment

nice beading... they look like M&M's...
                is that M16?
                Regards Voltaire

Comment

Yes that is 1 layer of M16 only. Nothing else. After wash and clay. 1 layer of M16. That will be the result.

Comment

wow m16 is impressive...

any nxt techwax beading pics? anyone?

ok, i have decided with the help of everybodies opinion...
                    i will go and buy m16 for now... and get techwax2.0 when i finish my dc3..

i love this place(mol)!!!
                    thanks..
                    Regards Voltaire

Comment

the M16 tin you buy will alst you a looooong time
                      2008 Toyota Corolla 5-spd
                      2005 Honda CRF250R
                      2002 kawasaki Ninja ZX9R

Comment

i have m16 now... the only problem i have right now is opening it...
                        Regards Voltaire

Comment

Voltaire, here are some threads you may find helpful as you navigate the mysteries of #16:

The Secret Slot - How to open a can of M16

How To Break-in a New Can of M16

Mike Phillip's Six Basic Steps for Working with M16:

1) The surface must be smooth and clean. M16 is a pure wax and should only be applied to paint in excellent condition as it has no cleaning ability in and of itself.

2) Apply a thin coating. Liquefy the wax in the can by spinning the applicator over the surface which will allow the wax to seep into your applicator pad. Now take this liquefied wax and spread out and work in a thin coat.

3) Allow the wax to fully dry before removing.

4) Use the best, softest microfiber or 100% terry cloth available to you to gently remove the dried wax. Typically you would break open the wax in one area and then from this one area you would creep out using a circular motion to take off little bites of wax at a time.

5) After removing all the wax re-park the car in different lighting and inspect for any missed spots that will often times look like a thin scratch in the paint but it's not; it's actually a thin sliver of un-moved wax.

6) Stand back and admire the results or go have some fun driving the car.
                          Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                          --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
                            Voltaire, here are some threads you may find helpful as you navigate the mysteries of #16:

The Secret Slot - How to open a can of M16

How To Break-in a New Can of M16

Mike Phillip's Six Basic Steps for Working with M16:

1) The surface must be smooth and clean. M16 is a pure wax and should only be applied to paint in excellent condition as it has no cleaning ability in and of itself.

2) Apply a thin coating. Liquefy the wax in the can by spinning the applicator over the surface which will allow the wax to seep into your applicator pad. Now take this liquefied wax and spread out and work in a thin coat.

3) Allow the wax to fully dry before removing.

4) Use the best, softest microfiber or 100% terry cloth available to you to gently remove the dried wax. Typically you would break open the wax in one area and then from this one area you would creep out using a circular motion to take off little bites of wax at a time.

5) After removing all the wax re-park the car in different lighting and inspect for any missed spots that will often times look like a thin scratch in the paint but it's not; it's actually a thin sliver of un-moved wax.

6) Stand back and admire the results or go have some fun driving the car.

great advice right there!
                            next time i wont drop the can anymore... i tired it on my cellfone screen it feels really oily... i cant wait to try it... i feel like a little kid that cant wait to play with his new toy... plus i will be also using my new da/buffer to... man, i hope this turns up good... i will be out of work by the end of the month so this is my next career step... i think that will need a new thread..
                            anyway, thanks again...
                            Regards Voltaire

Comment

On terms of cost be sure to compare how many applications you get per dollar. I can get 40+ applications from a tin of #16. More like 20 from a bottle of NXT.

Both are clear and bright with high gloss. NXT darkens the paint more than #16.

Both are good for several months of durability.

I live in a snow belt so for the winters I apply NXT and top with #16 for the added layer of protection. That combo easily lasts from November till April and protects from salt and the worst winter can throw at it.

Things I like about #16 are the clear gloss and intense water beading. Things I like about NXT are it's brilliant shine, ease of use and water shedding ability.

To very fine products and I wouldn't be without either in my garage.
                              Jim
                              My Gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');