• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pressure Washer Soap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure Washer Soap

I've searched these forums for this information, but I have been unable to find an answer. Is there a Meguiars soap product that I could use in a pressure washer? The washer that I'm looking at has a built-in detergent resovoir. I would like to use NXT soap, but I think it will be too thick. Any suggestions????
    1999 Ford Contour SVT
    Silver Frost/Midnite Blue
    1966/2760

Hi mike_svt,

I don't know the answer to that question. But I'll see if I can get an answer for you...

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hi mike_svt

I just purchased a Karcher 1750 psi pressure washer and intend to use NXT car wash. I called Karcher to ask about using
      my own car wash soap instead of their brand.

I was told it would be OK but :
      - DONT FILL SOAP TANK WITH MEGUIARS CAR WASH SOAP !!!
      The soap must be diluted with water and the dilution
      rate can only be obtained by trial & error. As its getting a little cool up here in the Great White North I wont be able to experiment with the dilution rates until spring.
      I plan to start with 1oz of NXT soap in reservoir of water and
      see how far this goes on the car & suds produced. Depending on the results I will adjust the ratio of NXT soap to water in sprayer detergent tank.
      Perhaps someone in the warmer States ( or BC

) can experiment with the soap/water ratios & post their findings. Someone out there must have tried NXT car wash in a pressure sprayer.
      Life is a fast car !

Comment

I have tried shampoo thru pressure washes, and learned several things:

It wastes soap/shampoo.
        Soap scum will build up in your machine.
        High pressure isn't good for paint!

We only use the PW for wheels, Wheelwells, tires, doorjambs, and floormats. And even then, we apply the cleaner to the surface, allow it to dwell, and then spray.

Jim
        If it was easy, everybody'd be doing it!

www.jimmybuffit.com

Comment

Originally posted by GTP-40ANNIV
          Hi mike_svt

I just purchased a Karcher 1750 psi pressure washer and intend to use NXT car wash. I called Karcher to ask about using
          my own car wash soap instead of their brand.

I was told it would be OK but :
          - DONT FILL SOAP TANK WITH MEGUIARS CAR WASH SOAP !!!
          The soap must be diluted with water and the dilution
          rate can only be obtained by trial & error. As its getting a little cool up here in the Great White North I wont be able to experiment with the dilution rates until spring.
          I plan to start with 1oz of NXT soap in reservoir of water and
          see how far this goes on the car & suds produced. Depending on the results I will adjust the ratio of NXT soap to water in sprayer detergent tank.
          Perhaps someone in the warmer States ( or BC

) can experiment with the soap/water ratios & post their findings. Someone out there must have tried NXT car wash in a pressure sprayer.
          I recently picked up a Husky 1800 Pressure washer with the detergent tanks. Great machine by they way cleaned the windows on the second story of my home in a few minutes.

Being the GENIUS that I am I just FILLED one of the detergent tanks with NXT Wash....and nothing happened...Then I realized ...it wasn't being sucked into the the machine...so DILUTION IS A MUST!!!!!!! fortunately I was able to pour all the NXT Wash back into the bottle. I read on another board that there are different ratios for wash dilution depending on the actual car wash product being used. NXT was something like 133:1 - not sure how they came up with this ratio, however guy who posted claims it car soaps up well with this mix

Comment

Well, the official dilution rates for Meguiars soaps (except Hyper Wash - 400:1) is 128:1. So I guess 133:1 is close.

Now I am not sure how adding that already diluted soap to the stream through the pressure water changes anything. Kind of the same situation as with the foam guns.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I just picked a value of 2oz NXT soap to 1 gallon water. I keep a gallon of the solution in an old water jug and just add to the resovior as needed. I forget how many oz's are in a gallon...64 or 128? Either way, I think I'm a little concentrated but it works good for me!
              1999 Ford Contour SVT
              Silver Frost/Midnite Blue
              1966/2760

Comment

Yup, 128 ounces in one gallon.

So 128:1 is one ounce of soap per gallon of water.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

you know TW makes pressure washer soap. i use it and my pressure washer is a 3k one.
                  CHEA!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');