• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Genuine Lamb's Wool Mitt...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genuine Lamb's Wool Mitt...

I found this locally at Advance/Discount Auto. Their mitt bears the Mirage label and the graphics say Lamb's wool. It's identical right down to the stitching on the wrist band and the leather loop for hanging and storage. Machine wash on delicate cycle and air dry. This is the real deal. You know it's real because of the natural leather inside. I think it's a decent value for $9.41 out the door. I've found the Mirage products to be sub standard at best, but this might prove to be an exception...

Whatcha' think, good or bad comments???

"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
    BOB

Re: Genuine Lamb's Wool Mitt...

Made in China? lol

Comment

That's the one I have and my brother copied me. We've had them for about half a year. Mine is fine but I wouldn't use his. He used to keep his hanging from his mailbox, against a brick wall. So there's no tellin what it's been through besides 90+degrees. The hair on his almost feels synthetic.
      So the trick is to treat it right, or reasonably.
      Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
      baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

Originally posted by dope92cc View Post
        He used to keep his hanging from his mailbox, against a brick wall.
        Not really a detailin' kinda guy. Just a wild guess.

Reminds me of how ballistic my dad used to get when I'd leave his hammer out in the backyard. I could never figure out why he got so angry. What's wrong with a rusty hammer I wondered?
        "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
        BOB

Comment

Originally posted by Belinda3 View Post
          Made in China? lol
          The mitt or the sheep???
          BOB

Comment

Hmmm. I wonder if their sheep population is controlled, too.

My brother is definatly not a detailer, he could be if I can teach him to be more picky. I need to teach him to wash his moldy old absorber atleast every time he uses it, oh and stop dropping it. Pretty bad for washing a black truck every week.
            Daily - 09 Chevrolet Colorado - Techno gray metallic
            baby - 92 Chevrolet Caprice Classic - aged, yellowed, white.

Comment

I have 10 of them. Sadly.

Honestly, I kind of liked them at first, but over time I started to realize it may just have been due to hype from another forum. When they get wet they drag really badly, and they don't seem to clean things off of the paint well at all.

It's a little better for traditional washes than rinseless, but for rinseless it is really bad.

I definitely prefer the Meguiar's microfiber mitt (which just happens to be 1/3rd the price too).

I know you might think, "Oh well he's just being biased," no, I'm being completely honest. Especially for a rinseless wash the Meguiar's white mitt is far superior in my eyes. I wouldn't use an inferior product on my own car and my customer's cars simply due to brand loyalty.

Comment

Thanks for your always appreciated input, Mark! Frankly the lamb's wool turned out to be my compromise choice. Here in Orlando 32708 I tried WalMart, Kmart, Target and Discount/Advance auto. Nobody, but nobody's got 'em.

Do we scream at the rack jobber or the retailer? Aside from NXT 2.0 liquid and paste, the shelves are pretty barren of the entire lineup. I'd love to buy on line, but sometimes for one small item, the freight just makes it economically unfeasible.
                BOB

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
                  Honestly, I kind of liked them at first, but over time I started to realize it may just have been due to hype from another forum. When they get wet they drag really badly, and they don't seem to clean things off of the paint well at all.
                  Look, Mark, if you're going to force me to agree with you in all your threads we're going to have to have a serious talk...

I'm not a big fan of the wash mitt shown above or the microfiber mitts with all the little fingers and prefer the grout sponge for my particular method of washing (1-bucket/foam gun). If you can get your hands on the Meg's sponges they are very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bounty View Post
                    Look, Mark, if you're going to force me to agree with you in all your threads we're going to have to have a serious talk...

I'm not a big fan of the wash mitt shown above or the microfiber mitts with all the little fingers and prefer the grout sponge for my particular method of washing (1-bucket/foam gun). If you can get your hands on the Meg's sponges they are very good.
                    Haha, well, I'm just callin' 'em how I seen 'em!

Comment

P.S. In my nearly two hours of useless travel yesterday, I found the same inability to pick up the small retail bottle of Swirl X.

Can anyone suggest any other retailers???
                      BOB

Comment

Bob,

I apologize if you have clarified this before, but are you opposed to shopping online?

www.Meguiarsdirect carries just about everything, and of course another popular one-stop shop is www.AutoDetailingSolutions.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
                          Bob,

I apologize if you have clarified this before, but are you opposed to shopping on line?

www.Meguiarsdirect carries just about everything, and of course another popular one-stop shop is www.AutoDetailingSolutions.com

Nah, this is what annoys me. Seven American to ship a five dollar item I should be able to find in one afternoon locally. Oh well, I know it's not your fault. I'll just add one to my next large order...

Your Order
                          ItemCost
                          1 Meguiar's
                          Deep Pile
                          Microfiber
                          Wash Mitt

$4.99
                          Subtotal: $4.99
                          Shipping: $6.95*
                          Tax: $0.00
                          Total: $11.94

* Includes Shipping & Handling Fees
                          BOB

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');