• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot Rims Mag & Aluminium Polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rims Mag & Aluminium Polish

Today,I removed my aluminium air intake to give it a good going over with HR's M&A Polish.It was badly needing done.Again 10+ years.There were some scratches inflicted by me over the years(I think when I did some work on the starter motor),which could only be made better.This engine bay is going to take a bit of time,so I'll be working on it on a day to day basis.I did the strut brace yesterday,and spent about 4-5 hours today on the DAC intake.

This stuff is really excellent.There should be a warning on the tub...'Wear polarized sunglasses'. I had to stop after the first half hour and go and get my sunglasses!. Unfortunatley,by the time I finished,the sun was away....It's always the case.Anyway,I've put the pics in order from when I removed them from the piece from the bay,some before and after shots:

All I can say is,'Meguiar's HR's Mag & Aluminium Polish'....I love it!

Re: Hot Rims Mag & Aluminium Polish

Thanks for sharing your results.
    Mike Pennington
    Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
    Meguiar's, Inc.
    800-854-8073
    mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Sweeet!!!!!!

Now I'll ask you this. Did you actually see a HP increase when you installed your K & N cold air kit?

Just curious, I'm thinking about putting one on my Impala.

Andy
      Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
      Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Andy M. View Post
        Sweeet!!!!!!

Now I'll ask you this. Did you actually see a HP increase when you installed your K & N cold air kit?

Just curious, I'm thinking about putting one on my Impala.

Andy
        Hi Andy.I bought that about 10 years ago.It was made by DC Sports(I think they only do Jap. imports) and came with a K&N filter.I don't think they make it anymore.Since then,I've read a lot of reviews and a lot of write-ups say thet Injen gives about the best HP increase.I had my car dyno tested at the time with that,plus a fuel boost valve and an upgraded exhaust system.There was a significant HP increase at the wheels.How much from that alone,I don't know?

I would say this.Yes they do make a gain.But when the weather is really hot,you feel the difference more than you did before.If you can supply a goog cold air feed,this will help a lot.

If you like K&N(good stuff),have you thought about the 'Apollo' intake filter? I was going to buy one about 2 years ago,but using my DAC intake,I can't get it to fit.There's just not enough room for that plus the air feed.The other way is with the 'plumbing' going down to the front bumper,but I don't like this for every day usage.If you go through a deep puddle?

Simply,If you want the best HP increase go for a ram air intake.You could try DC Sports.Their build quality is outstanding,and they use K&N filters.Go and try out the K&N site.I think they make filters for every car on the planet!

Comment

Dang, looks better than new! Nice job! Ram air would only work up to a point though. Probably not worth the cost on a relatively stock car IMO.

Comment

It looks great, Eddie. Good work.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2 View Post
              Dang, looks better than new! Nice job! Ram air would only work up to a point though. Probably not worth the cost on a relatively stock car IMO.

Yeah,In reality,as far 'bolt-ons go,the header + good exhaust system makes the best improvement.Once you add all the other things in and tie them all together,then you see an improvement.

Most dynos report a 5-7hp increase with a really good and well designed air intake.

If you're interested in headers/exhaust systems,I think magnaflow might be the way to go for your car.As i said before,DC Sports are of excellent quality and is all properly dynotested,but I don't know if they make only for japanese imports?

If you do some tuning let me know how you get on Andy.

Comment

Holy moly! they looked brand spankin new
                Learning new things everyday

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
                  Yeah,In reality,as far 'bolt-ons go,the header + good exhaust system makes the best improvement.Once you add all the other things in and tie them all together,then you see an improvement.

Most dynos report a 5-7hp increase with a really good and well designed air intake.

If you're interested in headers/exhaust systems,I think magnaflow might be the way to go for your car.As i said before,DC Sports are of excellent quality and is all properly dynotested,but I don't know if they make only for japanese imports?

If you do some tuning let me know how you get on Andy.

I had Magnaflows on it, as they were the "factory" muffler for the Roush exhaust system. Too quiet. I am currently running SpinTechs. That, coupled with my X pipe that was only on the car for a week due to how loud it was (could be heard about 2-5 miles away when I got on it, depending on the time of day) was pretty nice, but too loud. I do want a full system though. Headers, high flow catted h-pipe, with my current mufflers would be good for me. I already have a CAI for it, though I don't think they give you that much HP. That would be one of the best "bang for your buck" mods in that case...

Comment

I just want a strut brace....

But I know some K & N stuff works. All I changed was the air filter and my gas mileage went up
                    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                      I just want a strut brace....

But I know some K & N stuff works. All I changed was the air filter and my gas mileage went up

Was it a replacement panel filter? It really shuldn't make a noticable difference.

Was the performance any better?

My strut brace is Eibach.If it's for your Subaru,check out DC Sports.They're an american co.,so shouldn't be a problem.My DC stuff was ordered from the states.Check out their website.They make real cool stuff.I've got some brochures,but they are specific to Honda,so not much use to you.Their strut's are really cool.

You'll have loads to choose from today.

Comment

I had Magnaflows on it, as they were the "factory" muffler for the Roush exhaust system. Too quiet. I am currently running SpinTechs. That, coupled with my X pipe that was only on the car for a week due to how loud it was (could be heard about 2-5 miles away when I got on it, depending on the time of day) was pretty nice, but too loud. I do want a full system though. Headers, high flow catted h-pipe, with my current mufflers would be good for me. I already have a CAI for it, though I don't think they give you that much HP. That would be one of the best "bang for your buck" mods in that case...

That's the other thing with your engine,compared to mine.It's twice the amount of plumbing.So the cost will be more.

I'm the same.I like a good sports sound,but not to loud.

All the little things tied up together with the other mods. make the biggest difference.I even found that my Denso Irridiums make a good difference.

Comment

wow that looks brand new
                          cool!
                          Ganesa,
                          Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie6th View Post
                            That's the other thing with your engine,compared to mine.It's twice the amount of plumbing.So the cost will be more.

I'm the same.I like a good sports sound,but not to loud.

All the little things tied up together with the other mods. make the biggest difference.I even found that my Denso Irridiums make a good difference.
                            Not worried about the price; I only mod when I can actually afford it. My concern was almost being pulled over multiple times by CHP just idling at a stop.

Comment

Not worried about the price; I only mod when I can actually afford it. My concern was almost being pulled over multiple times by CHP just idling at a stop.

Buying good stuff is the right way.Shopping around helps.Probably the best setup for Honda is Mugen,Jun's and Spoon,but costs a packet.I shopped around and got Invidia.It's really good and costs less than those,but I reckon they will be better.By how much..?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');