• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non-Trim Staining LSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-Trim Staining LSP

I would love to see if Meguiar's could come out with a LSP that doesn't stain the trim white.

While yes you can tape off your trim, sometimes you miss small sections and get the white staining.

I know UQW doesn't stain trim, so maybe use that technology into a more durable LSP?

It would be nice if there was a synthetic and a carnauba invented that don't stain trim that way you could layer them.

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
    Remove swirls my friends.

Re: Non-Trim Staining LSP

Yeah, if I am not careful, I can sometimes apply Tech Wax on my trim and stain it. But its nothing a little M40 and a microfiber cannot handle.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

NXT 3.0 Maybe??? or M26 2.0??? Yeahhhhh, Yeahhhhh!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew C. View Post
        only time will tell.

It could be a product for 2010 or 11.
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

That would be a great selling point.

Seems as though newer cars don't have as much plastic trim as older cars did.

Ryan
          Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

You never know what R & D has up there sleeve
            Mike Pennington
            Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
            Meguiar's, Inc.
            800-854-8073
            mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

D151 doesn't stain the trim.
              AeroCleanse, LLC
              Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
              www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Question: Do all the Meguiar's waxes (NXT, M26, Gold Class, DC1) stain trim? I'm assuming that the cleaner waxes do, though perhaps D151 does not, if AeroCleanse is correct; but what about the others? I have believed that they all do and have said so publicly, but in fact I do not know that this is the case. Can anyone confirm or disconfirm it? Thanks.
                Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                --Al Kimel

Comment

I'm almost positive that NXT 2.0 M26, M16, M21 and M20 will stain trim. Cleaner wax may stain it more, but those LSP's will still stain.

Comment

I can understand you posting this,Andrew.I read your 'hints & tips' post.I also did this on my civic as some of the plastics were getting a bit weathered(not because of wax).It certainley has saved me any issues with getting wax on them,but it still looks like brand new,shiny ABS plastic.

Although these black plastic parts can give a nice offset to a vehicle,I personally don't like them,simply because of the wax issue and the constant attention needed to keep them looking good.

So a non staining wax would be a great product.I'm sure it can be done.

Comment

I've never really had an issue with any of my Meguiar's waxes staining the trim. I think keeping the trim dressed is the key - then the wax just wipes right off.
                      Shane
                      1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I'm almost positive that NXT 2.0 M26, M16, M21 and M20 will stain trim. Cleaner wax may stain it more, but those LSP's will still stain.
                        Two of our members, including Meguiar's expert Michael Stoops, have recently stated that M26 dries clear and does not stain trim. I thought this information needed to be included in this thread.
                        Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                        --Al Kimel

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');