• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheel Brightener on sprayed paint wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel Brightener on sprayed paint wheels

Hey, guys
    I Just sprayed paint my wheels last weekend. now all the wheels are covering with brake dust. so my question is, can I use wheel brightener(D14001) and pressure washer to clean my wheels? would it take the paint off?

Thanks.

Re: Wheel Brightener on sprayed paint wheels

I would probably go with a much milder celaner, or preferably soap and water.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Depends on how well you prepared your wheel for the paint and what kind of procedures you performed during the spray painting of your wheels.

I painted small patches of my wheels to fix the scratch marks caused by some incompetent n00bs working at Discount Tire Co.
      I prepared the surface fairly well and followed most of the instructions on the primer and paint bottles. I can clean my wheels just as I clean them just as they are factory painted.

Comment

Originally posted by the_invisible View Post
        Depends on how well you prepared your wheel for the paint and what kind of procedures you performed during the spray painting of your wheels.

I painted small patches of my wheels to fix the scratch marks caused by some incompetent n00bs working at Discount Tire Co.
        I prepared the surface fairly well and followed most of the instructions on the primer and paint bottles. I can clean my wheels just as I clean them just as they are factory painted.
        That's why I go to a tire fitter.

I don't think i'd be as polite as you if they scratched my wheels.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');