• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Ultimate" Quik Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Ultimate" Quik Wax

For a while now I was putting off buying UQW and UQD because I felt that they were marginally better products than their regular consumer line counterparts (QD+QW). I felt as though it was a bit of a scam and that I could not justify paying that $4 more per bottle for a product that I was skeptical about. After seeing Mike Pennington's video about making the designs with UQW, I decided I might as well jump on the bandwagon and see how great this water sheeting quik wax really is.

I must admit that I was really excited to buy it and I was really looking forward to applying it. I tried my best not to rush through washing my car (which it needed badly). I applied it using a Supreme Shine MF (which I fell in love with immediately) and immediately saw that it improved the appearance of my paint surface. I was blown away with how easy it was to apply and how good it smelled (like red Kool-Aid!!). I can't wait until it rains to see the water sheet right off my car. I love UQW, expect me to always have a bottle in my detailing box. Heck, maybe I'll ever spring for the UQD when I run out of QD. Too bad I just bought a smooth surface kit, now I have a big bottle of QD and the one that comes with the smooth surface kit.
    James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
    Calais Auto Detailing
    CalaisDetails@aim.com
    www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Re: "Ultimate" Quik Wax

UQW is some good stuff.

The only problem that is driving everyone insane.

NO GALLON SIZE!

Oh and as for UQD. I like it... but... I do prefer Last Touch @ full strength more.

There's just this strange effect that LT has on the paint that makes it look really glossy and DEEP.

UQD looks great the next day after it's cured, but for instant gratification LT takes the cake for me.
    2006 San Remo Red WRX TR
    2005 Ford Ranger XLT

Detailers clean places nobody see. Detailer see's things nobody else see. But if you ask a Detailer to see how a dress looks on a woman, they are blind.

Comment

UQW is some greatr stuff. I would go ahead and get the UQD. You could always keep the qd for claying.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Also, remember that QD is 16oz and UQD is 22oz. That alone makes it worth the extra cost.
        Paul Marmarinos
        Flawless Prestige Car Detailing
        "The trouble with the world is that everyone's about three drinks behind" - Humphrey Bogart

Comment

Originally posted by Caress Detailing View Post
          Oh and as for UQD. I like it... but... I do prefer Last Touch @ full strength more.
          I've been using it for about a year now 50/50 mix. What is the advantage of full strength?

Comment

Remember though, UQD should not replace QD as a clay lube. No need on paying more as a lube. I use Last Touch as my clay lube now.
            ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

yea LT is a way more efficient clay lube...

what is the result of LT undiluted?
              Ganesa,
              Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Ultimate Quik Wax is the BEST. I LOVE it. IT smells good like fruit punch, too! Mmmmmm....

Comment

You are SO right..!

"Gulp."

Yummy!
                  Kevin Brown
                  NXTti Instructor, Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, Meguiar's Distributor/Retailer

Comment

I think most of the Meguiars detailing products have a mouth watering scent to them. Why is that? I was wondering if this scent is added to the chemical, or just the chemicals themselves?

Whatever it is, I always feel tempted to try it. haha just like when I was a kid- and came across "grape" chapstick. It was not what I had expected!
                    Round House Kick...

Comment

I thought UQD would break down the clay if used as a lube? I don't think cost is the driver here, something about UQD is really bad for clay.

The most cost efficient clay lubes are Last Touch (1:1) and M34 - Final Inspection.
                      NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');