• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paint Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Paint Cleaner

what is the weakest(mildest) paint cleaner megs makes? the scratches i have are so minor u can only see them when the sun hits them and the same goes for the swirls i have(only on the hood of the car)

Comment

Colorx would be weakest cleaner which also has polymers in it as well since in all-in-one type product.

Comment

will dc1 remove the scratches and the swirls

Comment

No, DC1 is too mild.

Personally, if you actualy want defects removed, I would be starting with SwirlX.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

ok, but i dont want to use something that might do more damage to the paint,and no autozone,strauss or pep boys around me carry swirlx or scratchx, and there are no other car care stores around me, no walmart or advanced auto parts, they only thing they carry is dc1.

Which is stronger swirlx or scratchx and does swirlx remove scratches to and does scratchx remove swirls??

Comment

Hmm.. I think I got my SwirlX at a Pep Boys.

Swirls and scratches are all the same thing, that is low points in the paint. Scratches are generally deper/more severe of course, so you would need a stronger product to level the paint more easily.

Since swirls are milder, SwirlX is the milder product, and then ScratchX 2.0 is the stronger product. But they work the same way, if that makes sense.

Comment

it makes sense and thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 79elcamino View Post
                  what is the weakest(mildest) paint cleaner megs makes? the scratches i have are so minor u can only see them when the sun hits them and the same goes for the swirls i have(only on the hood of the car)
                  I would say A-6 Cleaner Wax in the red bottle.
                  r. b.

Comment

i just bought some scratchx2.0 and before i use it i just want to make sure that if i use it for swirls(cause pep boys didnt have swirlx in) i dont want to remove to much clear coat and be screwed, so any tips??

Comment

Start off with a test spot, use a smooth foam pad. Start workingthe product in with a little passion, kind of gently at first, and check your results. Then work up to more passion if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by 79elcamino View Post
                        ok, but i dont want to use something that might do more damage to the paint,and no autozone,strauss or pep boys around me carry swirlx or scratchx, and there are no other car care stores around me, no walmart or advanced auto parts, they only thing they carry is dc1.

Which is stronger swirlx or scratchx and does swirlx remove scratches to and does scratchx remove swirls??

Pep Boys on 4th Ave does have SwirlX. There was one left on the shelf last time I was there.
                        James - 1979 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais
                        Calais Auto Detailing
                        CalaisDetails@aim.com
                        www.calaisdetailing.com (under construction)

Comment

thats funny cause i went there earlier and i bought the last one on the shelf, everytime i went there before they never had it out,then i went to autozone and all of a sudden they have every megs product on the shelf so i bought some swirlx.how come scratch and swirlx should be applied wit a foam pad and not a microfiber pad? i have some scratches on the plastic that protect the gauges, ive tried mothers plastic polish cause it was the only thing i could find and it didnt work,any suggestions?

Comment

I tend to find smooth foam easier to work with, as opposed to the applicators that are foam, and then covered with something.

Like if I need terry cloth for something, I dont like those applicators, I like a piece of terry.

But, could just be personal preference.

As for your guages, generally PlastX would be the place to start, though I would be curious if SwirlX has ever been tried.

Comment

you know i was thinking of using swirlx, it couldnt hurt right?

Comment

Well... it could...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');