• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT times 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT times 2?

OK folks, I'll admit to being pretty darned obsessive about keeping my black Hemi loookin' good.

My question -- If you apply NXT Tech Wax frequently (once every 4-6 weeks),wash your vehicle using NXT shampoo, use the Spray Booster or a good QD after every wash, and keep your vehicle garaged at night, is it necessary to use two applications of the Tech Wax to get the absolute best results? Also I apply and remove the Tech Wax with a pc and really "work" the product both when I apply it and remove it.

It's hunting season in Nebraska and I'd like to spend a little more time in field than in my garage.

Tom

Tom,

Normally, I would say that two coats of any wax (natural or synthetic) applied fairly close together will give more initial "POP". This seems to be especially true of NXT. One coat applied with the PC, and then a second coat applied by hand looks extremely nice!

However, your routine of using the NXT wash, the NXT booster, and applying a fresh coat of NXT once a month or so should allow you to catch up fairly quickly to that inital "POP" of two coats of NXT applied close together. Combine that with the fact that the vehicle is garage kept, and I think you're good to go!

Just my 2 cents.
    Boss_429

Comment

Hey Tom,

I have to agree with Boss. Knowing how dedicated you are, I believe that you are probably getting the maximum potential out of your finish!!

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks for the advice, guys.

That's pretty much what I thought. However, being the compulsive person that I am, I layed on another coat of NXT this morning after I archery deer hunted for about an hour and a half. (One of the joys of living in the country. I don't have to go far to chase critters.) I've also managed to work in a ride on the Harley and will soon give it a quick bucket wash to get off the dust. Then my German wirehair pointer and I will do a just before sundown pheasant and quail hunt.

I plan to rest up at work tomorrow.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tguil
          I plan to rest up at work tomorrow.

Tom
          That is so true! (and funny)

I've been detailing my truck the last two weekends getting it ready for trade-in. Thank goodness tomorrow is a work day......... so I can catch up on my rest too!
          Boss_429

Comment

**slightly OT**

I don't have time to hunt myself, but my brother in law gave me several pounds of venison burger that I had the wife turn into chili. She put it in a crock pot, simmered it all day and we let it sit overnight (in the fridge) before eating...GOOD STUFF
            Last edited by Chris Nemlich; Nov 8, 2004, 03:17 AM.
            Don
            12/27/2015
            "Darth Camaro"
            2013 Camaro ... triple black
            323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');